Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

SAS... DONE !!! :D

Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #61
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota_dvl View Post
correct i was... it served its purpose but looked ugly as shit but now tryin to figure out a mixture of a headache rack with spare tire holder that doesn't look bad, but doesn't cost too much.
Thats always the tough one... I'm going to end up putting a swing bar mounted at the base of the roll/light bar on the kickback end on top of the fender well and angle the tire so it matches the angle of the kickbacks.

Kinda along the same lines as this as far as the looks go. (closest pic I could find quickly) http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/q...mapicture2.jpg

The swing out function is so I can get to my box mounted near the cab with out having to take the tire off. Still trying to decide how to make it all work and what type of clearence I'll actually have for the tire. Otherwise, I guess the other similar look would be one of those angled tire carriers that mount to the bed.

I've always thought the angled tailgate replacement ones look really off-road-y as well. I'd just be concerned about the frame bending unless you reinforced it.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #62
00PreRunner is on a distinguished road

00PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
This may be posted elsewhere but i can't find it. What size tires, what gears, axles, and what motor?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #63
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
its a 03,v6 with 35" cooper stt's on 15" wheels, d-44 outta an 88' wagoneer
Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #64
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota_dvl View Post
correct i was... it served its purpose but looked ugly as shit but now tryin to figure out a mixture of a headache rack with spare tire holder that doesn't look bad, but doesn't cost too much.
Excellent! Now I don't has to ask about it. Badass upgrade on the SAS.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #65
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
He still has never answered your gear ratio question. Which I'm unclear of too. Stock?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #66
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quoted.

just kept the rear at 411, so took the front down to 410, since its a dd but the shop said that if that seams too low that come in and they'll change them both out to a higher gear for lunch to to shop and 100
Old 04-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #68
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is NASTYYY!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #69
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
Quoted.

just kept the rear at 411, so took the front down to 410, since its a dd but the shop said that if that seams too low that come in and they'll change them both out to a higher gear for lunch to to shop and 100
Must have been a special truck with 4.11's
Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #70
98_mud_bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Must have been a special truck with 4.11's
thats what his message said lol.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #71
-Don-
donaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to all

Name: Donald
donaldwagner's Tacoma Gallery
youve already heard this but ill say it again! Awesome! i wanna do mine soon

Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #72
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, sic truck OP. . . oh and btw, in case you didn't know you have a flat top grain auger sticking out of your roof in the last pic. not sure if that's DOT approved
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #73
randombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nice
Army: A 3/43 ADA
randombob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to randombob
Quickie for OP: how's it riding for ya? Looking to do similar right quick... Think I ought to be just fine but getting the "omg about to drop $4k+" jitters.

And now that it's had time and action, what's you settle in to frame height-wise?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #74
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Its not just dropping money. It's time, and fabrication. It doesn't happen over night. And the OP sold this truck a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #75
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is pretty old and he sold his truck as stated above but I thought SAS was a shit ton more money?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #76
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
In all with everything I was in about $ 8k thats with labor though cause as supra TT said its a serious amount of fab work i had a shop do it and it still took them just over a week do do everything, but I had been saving up all my parts for about a month.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #77
randombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nice
Army: A 3/43 ADA
randombob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to randombob
Yeah I work 50hrs a week or do and have other goings on as well; do yeah it's not a lot of fab work for me it's a lot of coin as I have a friend at a shop who does most of my work so I can concentrate on play time
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #78
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I smell a hater in here
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #79
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombob View Post
Yeah I work 50hrs a week or do and have other goings on as well; do yeah it's not a lot of fab work for me it's a lot of coin as I have a friend at a shop who does most of my work so I can concentrate on play time
I hope your friend that fabricates knows what he is doing. It's not something most people can do. Depending on what you want to do with the truck will depend on how much you want to spend. Don't buy used parts or you'll just be out more money in the long run.

Also, every leaf sprung SAS taco sits at 24-27" frame height. It's really hard to go any lower on leafs.