Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

#1 rule of an SAS

Old 03-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
#1 rule of an SAS

The objective is not to spend as little money as possible. Spending $1000 for a SAS is not winning. Sometimes less is more, but when it comes to a project like this, the competition should lean more towards quality than cost.

That is all
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
SO that old saying doing it right the first time instead of penny pinching.
Thats right! And you may only get one chance should you compete with cheap as your objective, cheap will ALWAYS equal scary.

Quote:
What on earth did you do to your door ???
Testing the limits of the vehicle by doing a 180 at 40 mph and hitting a fire hydrant . Seeing as I didnt roll, I would call it a success!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ran into a fire hydrant
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He had to make his truck less sexy. Denting the door was the only option.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #7
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
DAMMIT J!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #8
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Thats right! And you may only get one chance should you compete with cheap as your objective, cheap will ALWAYS equal scary.

Testing the limits of the vehicle by doing a 180 at 40 mph and hitting a fire hydrant . Seeing as I didnt roll, I would call it a success!

HOly SHIT!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #9
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
He had to make his truck less sexy. Denting the door was the only option.
Dude right after it happend I totally had a CustomTacos moment. Which then quickly faded
Old 03-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude right after it happend I totally had a CustomTacos moment. Which then quickly faded

Now all you need is a stick-on hood scoop!!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #12
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Laughing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

Now all you need is a stick-on hood scoop!!

I am actually going to get Boyd(oswego) to trade me hoods! Lmao

Anyway, point is do it right or risk your life and those around you, unless it never leaves your farm, but even then your risking the lives of innocent cows, chickens, and pigs
Old 03-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #14
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
boo ya!!! your truck looks badass by the way even if does have huge dent... just tells everybody you actually use it.
Yeah, AT THE MALL!!!

That did actually happen infrony of a mall LMAO. Thanks for the compliment none the less,
Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 AM   #17
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
I am guessing with straight front axle you put lockers in both diffs?? IF you did, you have arb or eaton detroit?
I stayed toyota up front, therfore i was able to run an e-locker <3

When i say Toyota, I mean built toyota, the axle has every upgrade available to get as much strength as possible, which is about at a stock Dana 60.

A d60 or 9" has more strength, and if i was running any bigger tires i would have to go that route. At that point i perfer an OX locker as its all mechanical, ARB have to much to em for my taste, unfortunatly with a 9", ARB is only selectable available, Wyatt will tell you I'm a puss, but I perfer 'simple minded'

In the rear 9" i run a detroit which works really well and makes for cool sounds while turning sharply at the mall.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The objective is not to spend as little money as possible. Spending $1000 for a SAS is not winning. Sometimes less is more, but when it comes to a project like this, the competition should lean more towards quality than cost.

That is all
That should be standard for ANY BUILD of any vehicle.

But - you know as much as I do, you see rigs that are slapped together 'on a budget' , they're ALWAYS the first ones to fall apart.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #19
Rock Solid Toy

Yes, well at least any build that involves re-engineering the structural and mechanical characteristics.

And yes, there are some, "creative" experiments out there, Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
That should be standard for ANY BUILD of any vehicle.

But - you know as much as I do, you see rigs that are slapped together 'on a budget' , they're ALWAYS the first ones to fall apart.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i was totally expecting the first post to be...."don't talk about SAS". lol

fight club moment