Notices

P-Tree's SAS Tacoma Build

View Poll Results: Leafs or Coils?
Leafs 19 31.67%
Coils 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #501
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
so your not gonna bob your bed?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #502
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Not right now. Im gunna wait and see with the bumper
Old 10-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #503
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Got my bumper on and painted now my locker...
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #504
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
That was fast...

Edit: When will people learn they can't post shit of them doing mods to their truck without a picture?

It's like saying yeah I drove my truck all the way to the top of Mt. Everest in 2wd.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #505
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
did this guy ever fix those welds?

i have never posted on this thread but, i have been watching and looking past some of the attitude i can say with out a doubt that some of the most experienced guy's on here believe many things to be either untrue or unsafe.

supra tt, mjp, and jlee, and moose come to mind mjp has a race truck for christ sake if somebody like that gives advice why not at least listen and try to apply what they are saying?

jlee owns a fab shop and i think his work looks nice very nice! when a metal fab guy say's that the welds are borderline unsafe then even offers to fix the welds for free just so that you don't injure or kill yourself or someone else why not take that advice?!

if he had said that about something on my rig i would be hesitant to drive the truck at all! not at least without having someone check it out. i know your a young guy and some of these fellas have been a little harsh but, i do believe harsh or not it's probably good advice. also if theres anybody on this forum to take any advice from these would be the guy's.

i do however applaud you for doing all of this to your truck and being so young makes it even cooler. dude 19 is young to have all the knowledge you have thats pretty cool bud just heed some of the other guy's warnings especially about welding and such. while i don't know how to weld personally i do understand the concept behind it and those look scary to me.

either way good luck and be safe out there

ps.. i would avoid saying that your doing 80mph on the highway in an unproven home made sas'd truck with sketchy welding imo comments lie that will only bring more flames to this thread.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #506
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
^ Rep'd for saying it perfectly.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #507
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
X2^
Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #508
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have to admit it's pretty cool this kid this to his truck i wish i had the skill and balls to try something like that. with that being said some of the more prominent members believe things to be unsafe and upon seeing those welds more than a few commented about fixing them jlee even offered to do it for him which is really nice btw.

being safe and responsible is more important than saving face or having a cool truck. if this guy has a failure on the road due to welds on his truck it could be very bad.

when the op chimes back in i hope he doesn't think i was trying to be a smart ass. i was just letting him know that certain guy's here actually do know what they are talking about and even offered to help. i thought i would just relay that to him in a more friendly manner hoping he would listen to reason.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #509
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
wtf...... my brain.... its bleeding
Its an internet joke from 4chan, some tard couldn't speak english when he was trying to talk about the conduit.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #510
Banned
oh lol. knew that
Old 10-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #511
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Stunt man thanks for the advice and compliments. I would not drive my truck if i thought it would harm others. I swear on that.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #515
Banned
nice, pics of the other side stuffing?
Old 10-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #516
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
i love how most people were being dicks and hating, and now giving him compliments. PTree i like your truck it has character, even tho i have to agree with jerry on them welds, but like some said you cant just tell everything from just one picture. hopefully i can SAS my truck someday, here is another redneck built 4runner most of the stuff was homemade and i think it looks better than most of the sas by shops that charge you 10gs for a sas
Old 10-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #519
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
And I thought 4 runners had a passenger drop case
Before 95.5 they were all passenger drop. They changed when they put the 3.4 and 2.7 motor in. Yet the 22re tranny and t case bolt up to a 2.7 and 3.0 tranny and t case bolt up to a 3.4. A lot of guys change trannys and t-case to get away from chain driven case and go to gear driven so you can reduce it more.

Thats why you see a lot of newer style truck with passenger drop axles.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #520
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
^ correct sir
this is the one i really want but you cant da a SAS like that for less than 9 grand + 40 hrs labor