Notices

P-Tree's SAS Tacoma Build

View Poll Results: Leafs or Coils?
Leafs 19 31.67%
Coils 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #41
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
maybe it was 2wd? and they put the 4x4 to it? honestly for 3 grand your not gonna come out with anything spectacular. I dont care if you can weld and have a pile of parts somewhere.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #42
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Also make sure to swap out the proper muffler bearings or your truck will become a rattle trap that's one thing you don't wanna cheap out on.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #43
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
How does one help SAS a Ford F250 when they come off the line from Ford already with a solid front axle?
Helped make a couple payments on it?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #44
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Well guys your are right on that part so i guess isnt wasnt quiet as hard but there was still a lot of modification to be done. it was a different straight axle from a different year that would put new gears in. the new one got a better turning radius than the stock one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
How does one help SAS a Ford F250 when they come off the line from Ford already with a solid front axle?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #45
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
not even close to the same, in tacos you modify the steering suspension and drive train and in some cases you need to modify thebody to fit the steering. an f250 sas and taco sas is apples to oranges and 3k just wont cut it
Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #46
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Tree View Post
Well guys your are right on that part so i guess isnt wasnt quiet as hard but there was still a lot of modification to be done. it was a different straight axle from a different year that would put new gears in. the new one got a better turning radius than the stock one.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #47
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
so your comparing cutting your truck up to SAS it to swapping out the axles under another truck? sweet.. While your under the hood check the blinker fluid.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #48
98_mud_bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
These 2 posts confuse the fuck out of me............anybody translate retard??

please explain to me how my post confused you, and i will type the explanation in large letters so you can read it easier.

he said he has swapped the axle under a F250 before. That already had a solid axle under it. So he is comparing swapping one axle out of the ford for another axle out of a ford, To all the cutting and fabrication of doing the sas on his tacoma.

And i was being an ass about the blinker fluid since that one went over your head too.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #49
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
out of a ford, To all the cutting and fabrication of doing the sas on his tacoma.

And i was being an ass about the blinker fluid since that one went over your head too.
how do you flush the blinker fluid, is it between the engine & transmission pan? how do you fill it? is it that cap on top of the radiator?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #50
98_mud_bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
how do you flush the blinker fluid, is it between the engine & transmission pan? how do you fill it? is it that cap on top of the radiator?
you can top it off in the tube to the passenger side of the engine. it should have a little stick in it with a yellow cap. but be sure to use dot 4 blinker fluid.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
98_mud_bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
lol, smartass.......I accedently quoted yours also.........I understand dumbshit, just not retard.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #52
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
you can top it off in the tube to the passenger side of the engine. it should have a little stick in it with a yellow cap. but be sure to use dot 4 blinker fluid.
i only have a dipstick with a red cap on the pass side, remember im a 1st gen
Old 03-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #53
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #54
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Dude you are honestly asking for all this.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #55
98_mud_bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i only have a dipstick with a red cap on the pass side, remember im a 1st gen
so am i lol. i have a 98.. the yellow blinker fluid stick shold be over there lol
Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #56
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
all i see is the tranny dipstick, the only yellow one i have is on the front of my block??? could they have moved the blinker fluid refill for the 1st and a half gens?

also where is the zerk to grease my muffler bearings?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #57
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Hahahaha you guys are still talking about this? you all must have nothing to do. i was wrong on the ford swap. it was originaly ifs i forgot. anyway keep on talking crap like a bunch of little high school girls.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #58
98_mud_bug

im not talking crap. im drunk and stuck in a hotel. the internet is my only form of entertainment at the moment.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #60
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no more than 3000. im leaning toward leafs now. im not looking to do hard core roack crawling. i do want some good flex though.
NO MORE THAN 3000?????????? I usually spend 1700 on my SAS, I've done 150 of them. Yeh RC cars are sweet TBH.

Quote:
Seen this before and its a joke by the way. Let the build begin guys!
A joke? How so, those ARE REAL PRICES AND REAL PARTS. There is no joke about that. Sorry that I built my d44 as strong as it gets. (except cryo ring gears $180 more, and drive flanges $300 more, + 30spline outers)

Quote:
Hahahaha you guys are still talking about this? you all must have nothing to do. i was wrong on the ford swap. it was originaly ifs i forgot. anyway keep on talking crap like a bunch of little high school girls.
I'm assuming you're still in high school, and you want to SAS your truck because billy who drives a gay fucking chevy is making fun of you saying your truck is a toy, oh boo hoo.