Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

P-Tree's SAS Tacoma Build

View Poll Results: Leafs or Coils?
Leafs 19 31.67%
Coils 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
P-Tree's SAS Tacoma Build

Which is better for SAS Leafs or Coils? I have a 95.5 Tacoma
Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
could be a pretty hefty price tag between the 2..
Old 03-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
after the sas probably bob it. i live in oregon so there is not much sand and i like trails and mud better.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Coils
Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
leafs. coils are $$$
Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Im not putting crapy parts on thats for sure. Im going to wheel the hell out of it.

Still didn't give us any info.......so you like mud.......there's no sand in Oregon............

How much are you willing to spend?

and do more research......[/QUOTE]
Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
HOW..........much......$$$$.......are ......you........looking........to.........spend?
Fixed
Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
no more than 3000. im leaning toward leafs now. im not looking to do hard core roack crawling. i do want some good flex though.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Expect to put shit parts on your truck if you don't want to spend over 3kand expect to do all the work yourself. Iirc trail gears "c" (has everything you need) sas costs around 4k
Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #12
northside is on a distinguished road
northside's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, no hardcore rockcrawling = no SAS.

Unless of course you're bored and a have a gaping, bleeding money hole.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Tree View Post
no more than 3000. im leaning toward leafs now. im not looking to do hard core roack crawling. i do want some good flex though.
Just to put things in perspective; coil overs will cost you roughly 1500 if you go that route. A decent 3" lift (front and rear) will cost you 3000 and that's just replacement parts. You can only imagine what custom one off parts will add up to. At your budget I'd recommend not doing a SAS unless you want it half sassed (assed) with a weak axle.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #14
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
good luck.....
Old 03-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are really funny, your a ll very negative. I have my own shop and i am doing all my self unlike most people and i can make most of the stuff already plus i have a lot of redneck friends.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
you arent going to be able to do a SAS on leaf springs or on coils for 3k. no way no how. you might be able to get the parts for that much, but then you have to regear, buy new d-shafts shocks and stuff like that. if youre stickin with mud keep your IFS buy some mud terrains and regear to a higher ratio
Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Im not going to be in just straight mud. Well thanks for all the motivation guys.....Great help.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You guys are really funny, your a ll very negative. I have my own shop and i am doing all my self unlike most people and i can make most of the stuff already plus i have a lot of redneck friends.
they are only being truthfull, sorry if the truth hurts. If you want nice parts on your SAS'd truck then the 3k your willing to spend will not cover like what everyone has already said. I know pretty nothing about SAS but I do know that truck parts are expensive. Even if you can weld there are still gonna be specialty items that your gonna need to buy
Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
People are just telling you how it is. Which axle are you planning on going with? If you do decide to do it then leaf sprung front will be your cheaper option.

Just out of curiosity do know any suspension geometry?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #20
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Not negative just realistic if you try a SAS for 3000 it's not going to end well.

Products Discussed in this Thread