Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

1 Ton Tacoma SAS

Old 10-16-2011, 03:11 AM   #41
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Erm, you planning on going duals or crawl box or something?
Cuz Tacoma's have chain driven cases...

Edit: nevermind forgot Inchworm and Marlin sell a v6 twin unit
Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #42
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Erm, you planning on going duals or crawl box or something?
Cuz Tacoma's have chain driven cases...

Edit: nevermind forgot Inchworm and Marlin sell a v6 twin unit

Im going to do twin sticks first on a single chain driven case from marlin. Do that until it brakes or i save up 2k to do duals.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #43

Talking

Some pics from my rear disc 14 bolt hd swap
I use brackets from http://www.jkwoffroad.com
Pretty basic kit but i ran into problems. I had to cut the brackets to fit since i have an axle thats an odd 14 bolt. I ended up putting my brackets behind the flange instead of bolting them to it. I talk to Trevor at WFO concepts and got his input. He told me to match a 3/4 inch gap between the rotor and bracket in order to have clearance for the pads. Then you have to adjust the height so the pins that hold the caliber dont hit the rotor. I used a penny to keep my height right. After i figured out all of this it went really fast.

Sorry i dont have more pictures of doing the swap but i wanted to get it done...

Another flex picture nothing special but found that my steering shaft was hanging up. So i have to build another one with 2 u joint instead of one at the box... more pictures to come and hopefully some wheeling ones
Old 02-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #48
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Nice build you def. have a beast going there but I'm curious where do you get the 1 ton rating ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
it looks like 1 ton axles. dana 60 front and gm 14 bolt rear.
Exactly.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #50

Well its been awhile since I posted anything ...... I ran got it up and running but I didn't like my rear pinion angle at all. So im waiting for my tax return and im going to buy a new raerend with 5.38 gear and maybe a locker if I can swing it. I got some pictures of more flexing nothing special ill try to get them up in the next couple of days. Also found that I need to make a new steering shaft to enhance my steering a bit.

Has anybody ran a atlas 4.0 t case. Im thinking about doing one instead of a marlin case setup. Any thoughts or reviews
Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #52
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
cant go wrong with atlas, legends in transfer case's
Yup by far the best.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #53
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by erisman33 View Post
Well its been awhile since I posted anything ...... I ran got it up and running but I didn't like my rear pinion angle at all. So im waiting for my tax return and im going to buy a new raerend with 5.38 gear and maybe a locker if I can swing it. I got some pictures of more flexing nothing special ill try to get them up in the next couple of days. Also found that I need to make a new steering shaft to enhance my steering a bit.

Has anybody ran a atlas 4.0 t case. Im thinking about doing one instead of a marlin case setup. Any thoughts or reviews
Im going with a atlas 4 with my swap but that wont be for a few months I'll let you know this summer or let me know when you do it
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #54
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Total newb question regarding the atlas 4. I dont have much experience with gears but it seems to me the jump from 3.8 to 10.3 is pretty steep. It would be nice to have something in between there. With the other gearing, it seems like the 5.44 might not be low enough for extreme extreme stuff. Wish the other case had the 5.44 in it between the big gap.

So my question is, would it be a good idea to get in inchworm 2.28 crawl box and mount the atlas 4 with the 5.44 gearing case on there? Then you would have super low and everywhere in between. Does that sound like a good idea? Is it even possible?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #55
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Total newb question regarding the atlas 4. I dont have much experience with gears but it seems to me the jump from 3.8 to 10.3 is pretty steep. It would be nice to have something in between there. With the other gearing, it seems like the 5.44 might not be low enough for extreme extreme stuff. Wish the other case had the 5.44 in it between the big gap.

So my question is, would it be a good idea to get in inchworm 2.28 crawl box and mount the atlas 4 with the 5.44 gearing case on there? Then you would have super low and everywhere in between. Does that sound like a good idea? Is it even possible?

Pretty sure you cannot mount it, don't beleive there is any adapter plates out there. Also a 3.8 is pretty low. and a 10.3 is yeah... There really isn't a need for a middle gear which is why I believe they didn't make one. But who knows
Old 02-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #56

Well ive been looking at the marlin taco box. I might have found a deal on one but im waiting to hear back on if the guy wants to sell it. So for half the price my truck end up with a taco box.

As far as my truck goes. I got new u-joints for the steering shaft. I'll put them into tomorrow and work out my steering issues. I found running one joint tends to bind up at full droop.

here some pictures

37's tuckin nicely with stock fender cut.

little bit of drop since i'm 6'3
Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #57
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
what are your frame to ground measurements? and what is the measurement from the front pumpkin to the ground if you dont mind.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #58
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I like your see through diff cover

And for reference, on my 37's I was 11.5" diff height and axle tube was 16.25"
Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #59
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thats what i was wanting to know, what the difference would be in the d44 and the d60.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #60
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
cool, thats what i was wanting to know, what the difference would be in the d44 and the d60.
I'm willing to say his will be 10" and axle tube probably 15.75"