Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

1 Ton Tacoma SAS

Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #81
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
I have no clue on wheel base. I only get a weekend a month to go tinker on it due to working out of town all the time. I think this coming weekend im going to drag it to a buddy's and have him put in the front gears and the taco box so I can wheel the sob. I want to see if pushing it that far forward help or killed it. Now its just find some other tire that are bigger than 38s. I think I can fit a 40 with 2 inch back spacing on the rim and clear the leafs at full drop and full crank. I also think I might trim the fenders a bit and get the in cab and bed cage tied into the frame
Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #83

No pictures and work 6 12 hour days out of town at the moment so ill be lucky if I get to go tinker on it in the next two months
Old 09-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #84
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
I know the feelin, 7 days a week 16 hours a day for the past few weeks
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #85
The Beast
yotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 82nd Airborn
Name: David
yotabeast505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Just get a new unit bearing D60 off a ford. Perfect axle. (Besides the obvious rockjock 60s)
i bought one for $150 lol and then bought some unit bearings that were made to the toyota bolt pattern from trail gear! score!
after 7k miles i havent heard a noise or any brakage yet
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotabeast505 View Post
i bought one for $150 lol and then bought some unit bearings that were made to the toyota bolt pattern from trail gear! score!
after 7k miles i havent heard a noise or any brakage yet
They arnt a bad axle at all its still a 60. I just like a king pin axle or anything. Every axle has its up and its down.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #87
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
So...why no actual pictures of the fabwork? Just a few poser shots here and there...are you doing the work or someone else?

Why would the steering shaft need two u-joints? You said it binds at droop. The steering shaft should be the exact same position lock-lock, just rotated. The steering shaft shouldn't bind at droop if it doesnt in any other axle position unless the steering box is moving or the frame is flexing that much. If thats the case adding another u-joint to the steering shaft isn't fixing anything.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
So...why no actual pictures of the fabwork? Just a few poser shots here and there...are you doing the work or someone else?

Why would the steering shaft need two u-joints? You said it binds at droop. The steering shaft should be the exact same position lock-lock, just rotated. The steering shaft shouldn't bind at droop if it doesnt in any other axle position unless the steering box is moving or the frame is flexing that much. If thats the case adding another u-joint to the steering shaft isn't fixing anything.
I've done all the work myself, Ive been living 6 hours away from the truck for the pasted year and a half so the progress has been super slow due to working lots of hours at work and having to travel to work on it. I rather do all the fab work myself and if it fails then its on me. I don't really care if nobody else likes how I did stuff or what I have planned for my truck. Keywords there are My truck. I don't do fabrication for a living nor do I plan on it. Tell me what you would like to see and I'll try to get a picture of it this is the only picture I have of the new front hanger.

As for steering having it turn bound the rag joint that I had in it. It wasn't the right joint at all. So I replaced it with borgeson joints and steering shaft. So now it has a telescopic shaft. No more binding.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #89

So I haven't been on a while or update any thin on this thing for a while. So ended up putting in the dual case with triple sticks bought an Arb for the front did 5.38 gears in both also plated the frame a lot more and went and got 42 inch iroks and trying to get ready for koh hopefully everything works out to where I can go. Hopefully get some pictures up tonight still mall crawling it because I need to get a high out put steering pump because the stock ones sucks
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #90

There some eye candy for the thread now I'm waiting on a psc pump kit and then headed to k.o.h to test it out