Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

"2002" dc sas build. (Matic)

Old 08-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #41
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
wanna donate that no slip locker to a fellow south Carolinain?
lol. I need it more than ever now.

If anyone could explain why I keep hearing that I need a manual t-case as apposed to this electronic t-case, that would be great.
I went ahead and purchased both together and the A340F (aisin 30-40LE) and the electronic t-case look brand new.
The vehicle belonged to an older gentleman that somehow managed to roll the truck in a ditch in his driveway while attempting to load a yard tractor.

The response I got from a friend of mine was. " People don't like them because they have a differential in them.
But they do have a center diff lock so I don't see a problem, you can still shift it manually in 4hi and 4lo. The only thing electric is 4 auto"

I think toyota went to electronic t-case somewhere around "2000".
Any help on this would be great.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #42
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Also my plans have changed a bit.

A: Find a reliable gas saver dd.
B: Continue gathering small odds and ends for the conversion.
C: Purchase an early 80's to early 90's toyota truck, 4runner or tacoma.
D: Convert during downtime in the winter.

I plan on doing most of the work myself however after some friends got wind of what I was doing they are eager to help as well. I'm surrounded by some of the most talented welders, engineers and fabricators at work and have a few pals at the local toyota dealer.

Things are coming together on paper and I will try and get a master parts list up soon. Thx everyone for opinions/ideas whether critical or helpfull.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #43
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
my trucks an 02 with a manual Tcase
Old 08-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #44

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know. It's only got 3 connectors on it. How hard would it be to send a 12v signal to a relay to actuate the internal diff?

I'm thinking there may be more to it. Like maybe this came from a hardcore source and you obviously want to eliminate any weak places while your on the trail ie..electrical issues.
I havn't read any problems about post 2000 1st gens having any trouble with the electronic t-case's.

Meanwhile...back in the jungle.
Ordering a tiregate on monday. Not sure if I like the PR series or theVT series.
And still trying to locate a snorkel for the 2.7.
Does anyone recall if they were avail during the group buy a while back?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #45

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
my trucks an 02 with a manual Tcase
Factory?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #46
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Factory?
yes, it has 2 or 3 wires for the shift motor, but it has no push buttons or anything its all lever action
Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #47

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
yes, it has 2 or 3 wires for the shift motor, but it has no push buttons or anything its all lever action

Well then I may have some good news. I think I may have a manual t case. I can't seem to locate and kind of external "actuator" in the location my buddy at the stealership told me to look.

If thats the case then I totally stole this setup and way ahead of budget. Trying to find a part # to verify.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #48

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post a pic in a minute.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #49

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking that if it was an electric t-case, there should be an external actuator right under the "4" on the t-case.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #50

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone? i'm to lazy and drunk to research. manual or electronic?
Old 08-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #51
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
exactly what mine looks like
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #52
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I'm thinking that if it was an electric t-case, there should be an external actuator right under the "4" on the t-case.

not all that smart about this kinda stuff but wouldn't the shifter up top mean it is a manual t-case? My pre taco was a manual t-case and had the shifter up top
Old 08-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #53
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery

Side question for you. How do you like your no slip? Ordered mine last week and am waiting patiently
Old 08-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #54
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a manual case to me but can't say for sure since I have no experience with that case. If you have 3 plugs it sounds to me like it is a manual case. 1 plug for the speedo, 1 plug for the 4hi/4lo indicator, and 1 plug for the 2wd/4wd indicator.

I assume that blue plug in the picture is 1 of the 3 plugs you say it has?? Then there should be another one on the other side at just about the same position that has 2 wires going into it as well, then 1 on the back by the output flange..... Am I right?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #55

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
Looks like a manual case to me but can't say for sure since I have no experience with that case. If you have 3 plugs it sounds to me like it is a manual case. 1 plug for the speedo, 1 plug for the 4hi/4lo indicator, and 1 plug for the 2wd/4wd indicator.

I assume that blue plug in the picture is 1 of the 3 plugs you say it has?? Then there should be another one on the other side at just about the same position that has 2 wires going into it as well, then 1 on the back by the output flange..... Am I right?
Yup. 2 on the other side in the same spot with wires.
Then there is a black plug you can see in the pic back by the tailshaft and I believe 1 more on the other side.

I'm going to take it to my local trans guy and have him give it the once over. Shouldn't cost me hardly anything just want to make sure it's ready to bolt up.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #56

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Side question for you. How do you like your no slip? Ordered mine last week and am waiting patiently
Lovin the no-slip !
Old 08-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #57
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Show me the back of the t case and ill tell you,
if its electronically actuated it will look like this.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #58
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
And this is how you's wire the motor

Old 08-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #59

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Thx man. Figured out it was manual a while back. Definatly does not have that actuator.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #60
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery

That rear axle housing looks stout!!