Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

"2002" dc sas build. (Matic)

Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #61
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like this project is on the side burner till I figure out what i'm going to do with the 4runner.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #62
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
updates?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #63
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
updates?
Naw. Still putting most of my time and effort into aquiring my ifs eliminator kit/sas swap on my 4runner. I had hopes of just buying a dd and converting my Tacoma but instead found the 88 4runner4x4. So now it seems almost pointless to cut up and convert the Tacoma.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #64
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Naw. Still putting most of my time and effort into aquiring my ifs eliminator kit/sas swap on my 4runner. I had hopes of just buying a dd and converting my Tacoma but instead found the 88 4runner4x4. So now it seems almost pointless to cut up and convert the Tacoma.
That is probably better anyway. Why cut up such a nice truck when you can get the same enjoyment out of an older truck? Cant wait to see some progress on the 4runner.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #65

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
That is probably better anyway. Why cut up such a nice truck when you can get the same enjoyment out of an older truck? Cant wait to see some progress on the 4runner.
I agree. And really I am glad to have the Tacoma back on street duty. Ocassionally I use it for a fire road or to get me to a spot on the local river. It's way more comfortable than my 4runner, gets waybetter gas miliage than the 3.slo and much more reliable. I think powerwise they are both rated at 150hp but the 4runner being a 5 spd has a bunch more low end.
as soon as I find my strait axle for it, i'll get my ifs eliminator kit and matching rear kit for the 4runner. However I dont think i'm going with a monster lift or anything stupid. I the the TG 4 inch kit gives 5 inches of lift with the shackles. That with 35's, a re gear, and dual cases and I should be done.
The Tacoma is done as far as i'm concerned. Just have to make the winch detachable so I can swap them between the 2 vehicles.