Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Dana Axles

Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
BrodyJ29 is on a distinguished road
BrodyJ29's Tacoma Gallery
Dana Axles

I work for a Dana/Spicer Off-Highway service center. I am on this board a ton and just thought I would let everyone on here know that I can provide new Dana 30,44,60,70, and model 80 axles. These axles are brand new. You weld your brackets on and install your brakes. I can get gear ratios between 3.73 and 5.13. I have a new 2011 Tacoma Double cab and have thought about doing a swap out on the front to a Dana 60. Let me know if anyone might be interested.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
my email is bjones@uspower.cc
Old 11-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of discounts your offering us?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Excuse my ignorance but what would be a good upgrade? 44 sounds like it would be good considering that what is on the jeep rubicons I think. Dana 60's are 1 ton axles correct?

Would it be worth it to just upgrage the rear axle?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodyJ29 View Post
I work for a Dana/Spicer Off-Highway service center. I am on this board a ton and just thought I would let everyone on here know that I can provide new Dana 30,44,60,70, and model 80 axles. These axles are brand new. You weld your brackets on and install your brakes. I can get gear ratios between 3.73 and 5.13. I have a new 2011 Tacoma Double cab and have thought about doing a swap out on the front to a Dana 60. Let me know if anyone might be interested.
Curious as to what your position is at the company. My father worked several years for dana in mitchel, ind and coorporate HQ in Ft wayne,ind as well and could not even get a deal from him.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
1.) A Dana 44 would be a good upgrade. Dana 44's are very good axles that are very strong. A Dana 60 is a one ton version axle. I have had a few other vehicles besides toyota and have had 44 and 60's. Dana 60 is by far would i would prefer for something with a lot of power being sent through the drivline. You can't go wrong with either.

2.)As far as pricing. I am working on getting the pricing structure set up as of now. This is a new product line that Dana is just starting to offer and will be ready after Sema 2011. I hope to be able to offer very good pricing to make this a reasonable option for anyone who would like to do a SAS.

3.) I work for the Off-Highway side of Dana. I work for one of the 6 authorized service centers in the United States. This is a new line that Dana is just coming out with to offer to the offroad world (rock crawler, offroad racing, trail rigs, etc.

I hope i have answered all the questions let me know if there are any other.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what would be a good upgrade? 44 sounds like it would be good considering that what is on the jeep rubicons I think. Dana 60's are 1 ton axles correct?

Would it be worth it to just upgrage the rear axle?
44 is good if you want to run 37" tires or smaller. If you go with a 60 which is 50x stronger than a 44 will ever be, you should be running 40"+ tires.

Upgradeing the rear axle is silly. Tacoma rear can handle up to 37" tires just fine. Rear doesn't turn, therefor it doesn't need to be as strong as you'd think.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #12
Greyskull011 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1ST MAINT BN
Name: ERIC
Greyskull011's Tacoma Gallery
Im im cali but if you can give me some price ideas for a dana 60 front and rear with selectable lockers and 4.88 gears that would be awesome. I've got alot of ideas for my 2011 double cab.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
Any prices on axles. I looked on the site and have not found any prices... Can you get a dana 60 kingpin style driver drop axle.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #15
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
They do not make king pin axles anymore, only balljoint.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
I am still waiting for the pricing list to be given to me. This is a very new thing that they are just starting so as soon as I get some pricing I will let you know.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
Stoffregen Motors is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Stoffregen Motors's Tacoma Gallery
Great to hear about the new promotion.

There's an old joke around here: What's the first thing you do after you installed a D44 in your crawler? Start looking for a D60.

I wouldn't put a D44 under anything but a small, old Jeep. Even if we assume the new D44 has the old style knuckles and C's, it's still a weak axle for a truck as heavy as a new Tacoma.

Go to Allpro's website and read their compelling argument against a D44. It's an argument based on a 1st gen Tacoma, so some of it doesn't apply to newer trucks, but it sheds a lot of light.
https://www.allprooffroad.com/tech-i...ickup-tech/111

D60 is the way to go, even if it's a balljoint D60. Even better would be a D60 with the F450 unit bearing outers.
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...E.aspx?id=2998

And you can get them in 5, 6 or 8 lug from Spidertrax.
http://www.spidertrax.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2192/.f
Old 11-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #18
I agree with you. If it were me I would do Dana 60 the first time.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post

Upgradeing the rear axle is silly. Tacoma rear can handle up to 37" tires just fine. Rear doesn't turn, therefor it doesn't need to be as strong as you'd think.
there are plenty of rear end (ring and pinion) failures based on the size of the ring and pinion reported on 05+ tacomas. including myself (3 sets) and im running 35's. others have failures with stock size tires. do a search here and at other Toyota specific forums. an upgrade in axles is not silly. i'm just saying ,and in no way am i trying to knock you down. i would love to upgrade to a Hi-Pinion 1 ton rear.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #20
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
The stock yota axles are pretty sturdy, unless you're talking about doing an SAS.