Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

TRD Locker Won't Disengage

Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
MountainTruck is on a distinguished road
MountainTruck's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Locker Won't Disengage

My TRD locker will not disengage on my '03 Tacoma. I followed the instructions from the manuel but it is still engaged in 2wd. I can hear the tires skidding as I go around corners. I am concerned about the wear on my axle, not to mention my studded snow tires.

I have tried re-engaging it and then re-disengaging it to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

I searched for a while and could not find any threads discussing this. Also not sure if this is the right spot for this?
Old 11-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just keep trying to turn the wheels left to right.

live via
Old 11-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
MountainTruck is on a distinguished road
MountainTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I guess I will keep trying what the manual suggests (drive slowly turning wheel slowly left and right until the light turns off). The same thing happened last week but eventually released. I probably didn't engage it properly in the first place, I only read the manual after I had a problem of course.

I know most people don't use the locker very often, but I live at the top of neighborhood at over 7000 feet with steep snowpacked roads. If I am not pulling someone out of a snowbank, someone is pulling me out of one.

What would be the proper place for this thread anyway? I figured this one was for front axle swaps but thought axles>lockers?

This was two nights ago:
Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I always go in reverse and then forward, 4wd for me is similar and won't disengage sometimes just need to go backwards a little then forward. Same with my manual hubs..