Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Rear diff on 1st gen. appears to be shifted

Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
JohnnieFive will become famous soon enough

Name: Johnny
JohnnieFive's Tacoma Gallery
Rear diff on 1st gen. appears to be shifted

I recently installed new tires on my 1st gen. pre-runnere and notice the rear diff appears to be shifted, I'm hoping this is an easy fix.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Looks more like an axle alignment issue...

Check your leaf spring u-bolts, shackle bolts, and bushings. Make sure everything is in place, nothing's bent/cracked.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you might have sheared the center pin..pretty common for trail trucks if you beat em..

pretty uncommon for mild trail trucks/street drivers..

i'd check center pin if it's still there and in the perch..
Old 01-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
JohnnieFive will become famous soon enough

Name: Johnny
JohnnieFive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Looks more like an axle alignment issue...

Check your leaf spring u-bolts, shackle bolts, and bushings. Make sure everything is in place, nothing's bent/cracked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
looks like you might have sheared the center pin..pretty common for trail trucks if you beat em..

pretty uncommon for mild trail trucks/street drivers..

i'd check center pin if it's still there and in the perch..
Thanks for the input, I took a look under there today, didn't see anything cracked or broken. I'm gonna run it over to a suspension shop tomorrow and have them check it out