Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #2041
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go steel, there are ally beadlocks that can take the abuse but they are $$$. Go with steel and put the money you saved elsewhere.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #2042
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Is strength an issue? unless you're running really low pressure or smashing your wheel against stuff, it may not make a huge difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
I'd go steel, there are ally beadlocks that can take the abuse but they are $$$. Go with steel and put the money you saved elsewhere.
^
Old 05-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2043
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Good, because steelies are easier to find.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #2044
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AND only cost $200 pretty much.. Unless you get a little bit better ones than double that.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #2045
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably end up getting some weld on beadlocks I think.

I'll post these here for obvious reasons. I really have no idea what any of this stuff goes for, so if you're interested shoot me an offer. (or just tell me what they're worth pretty please)

I'll be in Colorado on the 8th, Indiana on the 22nd ish, so I can bring this crap out there.

All parts are off that '78 Ford Dana 60.

Complete OEM 4.10 35 spline R&P/carrier, good shape, no signs of rust/damage

Old 05-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #2046
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I'll probably end up getting some weld on beadlocks I think.

I'll post these here for obvious reasons. I really have no idea what any of this stuff goes for, so if you're interested shoot me an offer. (or just tell me what they're worth pretty please)

I'll be in Colorado on the 8th, Indiana on the 22nd ish, so I can bring this crap out there.

All parts are off that '78 Ford Dana 60.

If they are the Spicer Lockouts they are worth $100...maybe

Stock yokes...scrap.

DRW Hubs...worth trade + shipping on some SRW's.

Stock cap and steering arm...scrap.

Complete OEM 4.10 35 spline R&P/carrier, good shape, no signs of rust/damage

Keep the carrier and put a full-time locker in it and lock the hubs when you want it locked...otherwise gears aren't worth $50 had mine on pirate for $50 for months now. And the carrier is worth about $60-$70 if you sell it.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #2047

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Well shit, feel like an idiot... I thought the locker replaced the carrier haha. I'm planning on a detroit in the front and ARB in the rear.

Thanks, just went out and tossed the scrap stuff.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #2048
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Well shit, feel like an idiot... I thought the locker replaced the carrier haha. I'm planning on a detroit in the front and ARB in the rear.

No need to feel like an idiot. That's what this thread is for man
Old 05-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #2049

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm just glad I was informed before I sold it
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #2050
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah it really sucks to spend that much on an axle to throw most of it away The good news is you have the most sought after Dana 60 housing around! I need to get my ARB's installed...
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #2051
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dont go with a detroit. I detroit does replace the carrier, but when they break it gets really pricey, really quick.

Lunchbox locker for the front. I had already broken a Lockright (Toy 8") so I am giving Spartan a try this time. Theres also Aussie as well.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #2052
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Dont go with a detroit. I detroit does replace the carrier, but when they break it gets really pricey, really quick.

Lunchbox locker for the front. I had already broken a Lockright (Toy 8") so I am giving Spartan a try this time. Theres also Aussie as well.
Aussie has worked really well for me. It's just a tad noisier over the lockrites I've noticed. I personally couldn't care less about noise. But I'd recommend it. They're priced right too
Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #2053

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
They don't make one for the D60
Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #2054
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They don't make one for the D60
Lockright and Spartan do. Spartan lockers have been getting great reviews on Pirate for holding up to some serious abuse.

Spartans are definitely stronger than Lockright and cost about the same. Having installed both personally, I am happy I have the spartan in my D60.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #2055
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
14 bolt shit is no joke!
Attached Thumbnails
Solid Axle Swap BS Thread-picture-9.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #2056
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
14 bolt shit is no joke!
3/8th plate is beefy that reminds me to start designing my 9" skids and pinion guard.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #2057
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Anyone have the link to make the 4wd light work on the dash again after a SAC? I can't find the right one...
Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #2058
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I'll just leave this here.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #2059
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
taking flight
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #2060
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
That must have hurt when the suspension tried to rebound and the poor winch line tightened up

Products Discussed in this Thread