Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #2141
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Oops

Poor Pepe, lol
Still making the 4banger SASd scene proud.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #2142
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Oops

Poor Pepe, lol
haha yeah....still awesome, though!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #2143
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Got my steering box drilled/tapped and painted. Ordered this little guy too.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....62&postcount=9

Googled that part number and it came up with a Prius steering shaft so I ordered it

Anyone running a Sky pitman arm? I've got a flat one on the way.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #2145
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Anyone running a Sky pitman arm? I've got a flat one on the way.
I've got one sitting here
Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #2146
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Okay ladies i'm still trying to find an axle to start building for the ONE day sas.

This guy says its out of an 80s but not sure what year. Can you tell if has the vacuum deal or would it be a great one to get??

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/3874920559.html
Old 06-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #2147
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Okay ladies i'm still trying to find an axle to start building for the ONE day sas.

This guy says its out of an 80s but not sure what year. Can you tell if has the vacuum deal or would it be a great one to get??

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/3874920559.html
Vacuum disconnect would have a box type thing on the long side tube. Look up vacuum disconnect on your favorite search engine and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #2148
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Vacuum disconnect would have a box type thing on the long side tube. Look up vacuum disconnect on your favorite search engine and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Another fail attempt to get an axle - this is the 4th time.... I looked up some pics and this one has the vacuum deal.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #2149
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Another fail attempt to get an axle - this is the 4th time.... I looked up some pics and this one has the vacuum deal.
Sure looks like a vacuum axle. Note the big cavity to the right of the diff.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #2150
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Sure looks like a vacuum axle. Note the big cavity to the right of the diff.
Yeah and from what I have hear I cannot use one of those axles
Old 06-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #2151
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah and from what I have hear I cannot use one of those axles
You CAN use it, it's simply not ideal...
Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #2152
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
You CAN use it, it's simply not ideal...
Well in my "ideal" world - i want to be able to use my front axle as i use my stock diff/IFS etc....

Push button 4wd etc.... is that possible with this?

The guy said he will take $150 which i why i was interested in it.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #2153
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well in my "ideal" world - i want to be able to use my front axle as i use my stock diff/IFS etc....

Push button 4wd etc.... is that possible with this?
Not without drive flanges with manual hubs you will still have to get out the truck and lock in the hubs. My push button works prefect at the T case but I would still have to lock my hubs in to have 4WD.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #2154
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Not without drive flanges with manual hubs you will still have to get out the truck and lock in the hubs. My push button works prefect at the T case but I would still have to lock my hubs in to have 4WD.
Well and that will be fine with me

IS there a way to take out the vacuum deal? for $150 it just seems like a great buy.

Or should i say "pass" and my hunt continues
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #2155
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well and that will be fine with me

IS there a way to take out the vacuum deal? for $150 it just seems like a great buy.

Or should i say "pass" and my hunt continues
From the limited axles I've seen or looked at, the "ideal" axles are gonna cost more. Most people selling used axles know what they have and they price it accordingly. If you looking at a d60, check the d60 bible on pirate for a crap ton of information regarding identifying the axle and where it came from. Also tells you the "ideal" vehicles to pull them from. From what I can remember, there aren't too many dodge trucks on that list.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ont/index.html
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #2156
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
From the limited axles I've seen or looked at, the "ideal" axles are gonna cost more. Most people selling used axles know what they have and they price it accordingly. If you looking at a d60, check the d60 bible on pirate for a crap ton of information regarding identifying the axle and where it came from. Also tells you the "ideal" vehicles to pull them from. From what I can remember, there aren't too many dodge trucks on that list.

I'm not looking to go with a 60, i've got my mind on a 44 out of a waggy. Junkyards sell them for 350 but this guy said hed do 150 which seemed awesome till i learned it had the vacuum shnatz
Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #2157
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not looking to go with a 60, i've got my mind on a 44 out of a waggy. Junkyards sell them for 350 but this guy said hed do 150 which seemed awesome till i learned it had the vacuum shnatz

Ah, I see. From Mr. N's Dana 44 page:

This is a 1989 Jeep Wagoneer, a Full Size Jeep (FSJ) axle. (He was referring to a picture that I didn't copy and paste as it was fuzzy.) Notice the pumpkin on the driver side which was ran 80-91. It is much narrow than a full size pick up axle, thus using this axle or just the axle shaft is a popular option. See axle shaft chart for lengths of axle shaft. Vacuum disconnect ran 83-85, avoid these years.

This may be what you're looking at?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #2158
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Ah, I see. From Mr. N's Dana 44 page:

This is a 1989 Jeep Wagoneer, a Full Size Jeep (FSJ) axle. (He was referring to a picture that I didn't copy and paste as it was fuzzy.) Notice the pumpkin on the driver side which was ran 80-91. It is much narrow than a full size pick up axle, thus using this axle or just the axle shaft is a popular option. See axle shaft chart for lengths of axle shaft. Vacuum disconnect ran 83-85, avoid these years.

This may be what you're looking at?
exactly.... ))
Old 06-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #2159
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
The vacuum axles are fucking junk man. Weaker and heavier. Do not buy it.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #2160
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

so much info!

Products Discussed in this Thread