Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #2261
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a walk in the park :P
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #2262
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, I found a couple cheap 14Bs locally. Gonna pick one up tomorrow.

Miraculously, they had a lunar mist 2000 xtra cab on the lot. I was thinking of putting an exo cage on my truck, but if I have a spare cab lying around, I might just do an internal cage. That way if I FUBAR the current one, I can take comfort in knowing I have a spare waiting. Or is that a retarded idea? They want 500 bucks for it.

I don't plan on being an idiot on the trails, but I still want to push the truck and have some challenges while keeping the risk of no longer having a usable vehicle to a minimum.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #2263
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Thanks guys, I found a couple cheap 14Bs locally. Gonna pick one up tomorrow.

Miraculously, they had a lunar mist 2000 xtra cab on the lot. I was thinking of putting an exo cage on my truck, but if I have a spare cab lying around, I might just do an internal cage. That way if I FUBAR the current one, I can take comfort in knowing I have a spare waiting. Or is that a retarded idea? They want 500 bucks for it.

I don't plan on being an idiot on the trails, but I still want to push the truck and have some challenges while keeping the risk of no longer having a usable vehicle to a minimum.
do it you know you want to
Old 07-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #2264
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #2266
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Me too!

Build page

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...ath-build.html
Old 07-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #2268
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
ordered a new adj trackbar finally......only took me 13months to order it LOL

went with an IRO one. 1.25" thick in diametre...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #2269
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Sup guys? Long time no see eh? Solid axle swap thread almost ruined me
Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #2270
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Well shit. I'm pretty sure the axles I found are the AAM 1150. Plus side is that they already have disk brakes and seem to be in pretty good condition. Downside is a larger ring gear and AFAIK, they only makes R&Ps down to 5.13, not 5.38 like I was hoping for.

Is 5.13s gonna make it too sluggish? I'm pretty sure I could shave the ring gear and housing down to make the clearance difference between that and the standard GM 14-bolt negligible.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #2271

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
So I picked out the donor axle. Luckily, it's an AAM 1050. Already set up for disk brakes. Was $250.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #2272
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well shit. I'm pretty sure the axles I found are the AAM 1150. Plus side is that they already have disk brakes and seem to be in pretty good condition. Downside is a larger ring gear and AFAIK, they only makes R&Ps down to 5.13, not 5.38 like I was hoping for.

Is 5.13s gonna make it too sluggish? I'm pretty sure I could shave the ring gear and housing down to make the clearance difference between that and the standard GM 14-bolt negligible.
Too sluggish for street driving? Maybe. Lower gears are always better! There is a lot less strain on the drivetrain when you have low axle gears. My buddy Kyle busted transfer case parts all the time when he was on 42's with 4.10 gears in his 1 tons.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #2273
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
So I picked out the donor axle. Luckily, it's an AAM 1050. Already set up for disk brakes. Was $250.

I have the 5.38's and the truck is an auto 2.7l (same eng as you) but I know you have the manual. Mine is.. eh with 36"s... I am pretty sure I have less power now than I did before (engine is prob fucked) and I have bead locks to add weight to rotation.. I honestly think 5.13s will be too low, especially for 4Ds.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #2274
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Sup guys? Long time no see eh? Solid axle swap thread almost ruined me
Hows it going? Where you been!!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #2275

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Steering box arrived Thanks for the heads up, Mark.

Got myself a BackSaver 1000

Old 07-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #2276
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I forgot to post this I'm sure ALOT more pics will be tomorrow when Mark posts them...With a way better camera too...

Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #2277
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Steering box arrived Thanks for the heads up, Mark.
I wish my box was tapped there, then I could run a 90° fitting on the box itself...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #2278

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Go big or go home I guess.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2279
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
YES!!! hhahahahaa
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #2280
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread