Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #2281
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Found Another Option:

*EDIT* finally found a source that looks solid saying the early bronco 44 came in around the mid 1970s....another fail attempt.

I know one guy who used an early bronco axle and converted the hubs...I work at les schwabs so maybe i could do it cheap.... idk
It's out of a 69 bronco. He's pretty sure it's a 44.

But this guy said i can have it for 100 bucks...

Shoud I make the hour drive??

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/pts/3901150697.html

Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #2282
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
First of all... it's super hard to tell in the photo.. But they did not make the bronco D44 until 1971... All the others were the D30. (R&P) looks small in the photo as well. It almost appears to be a kingpin D30 as well... I would not buy it. It's not worth it.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #2283
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo will I be re-using any of this?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #2284
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
First of all... it's super hard to tell in the photo.. But they did not make the bronco D44 until 1971... All the others were the D30. (R&P) looks small in the photo as well. It almost appears to be a kingpin D30 as well... I would not buy it. It's not worth it.
Ironically right after I posted that my cousin called me ( the one building my lift ) and I told him I'm having a tough time getting an axle. He suddenly remembered he has a friend who may have a waggy lying around. I called his friend and the guy said its from a 1980s grand wagoneer driver drop with no vacuum actuator, he was gonna put it under his Nissan. Anyways we agreed on $200 = complete axle, plus springs and shock towers.

I'm heading to look at it this weekend.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #2285
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I forgot to post this I'm sure ALOT more pics will be tomorrow when Mark posts them...With a way better camera too...

needs more droop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Go big or go home I guess.

Bwahahaha. stupid inferior taco axles

this is my new favorite thread. 2 sick builds going on right now!!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #2286
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Front driveshaft may be done this afternoon

I measured at full bump and some extra droop

Got something in the works for the rear too

I like smileys today
Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #2287
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 07-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #2288
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, probably true!

Nice new sig BTW!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #2289
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-29-2013, 05:11 AM   #2291
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
For a second gen I would suggest a 78/79 KP.

While that one ('89 Ford) will work the pumpkin is slightly more towards the center of the axle than the 78/79 was. The 78/79 pumpkin tucks perfectly into the recess created for the stock diff.

Using an axle with a more centered pumpkin will cost you some uptravel/ride height sacrifices.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #2292

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Sex on wheels!!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #2293
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Sex on wheels!!

wtf
Old 07-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #2294
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
It's spiderman's truck!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #2295

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
You can roll harmlessly over the rocks. Like nothing happened. Totally gonna do this.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #2296
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Old 07-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #2297
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sooo will I be re-using any of this?
Yes, remove the center part only but save both u-joints and make that setup into a single u joint. IIRC you'll have to cut the ears off in a couple parts but you might be able to disassemble the whole thing and make 1 u joint out of it. This will bolt to your steering column. Then you just need to figure out an intermediate slip joint to go between that and the steering box u joint.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #2298

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I lol'd when I saw that cage. Then I realized that I'm pretty paranoid about making a shitty cage and I might chicken out and do an internal cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Yes, remove the center part only but save both u-joints and make that setup into a single u joint. IIRC you'll have to cut the ears off in a couple parts but you might be able to disassemble the whole thing and make 1 u joint out of it. This will bolt to your steering column. Then you just need to figure out an intermediate slip joint to go between that and the steering box u joint.
Thanks!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #2299
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I lol'd when I saw that cage. Then I realized that I'm pretty paranoid about making a shitty cage and I might chicken out and do an internal cage.
Just build a internal cage most exo cages are fugly anyway and everyone with exo's just beats the shit out of their truck and they look like hamburger after one run. Just look at Eric's truck . Internal cage and don't drive like a dip shit is what i would do. It's all about the occupants in the truck anyway.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #2300
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Hey now!! My truck was beat to shit before the cage I was all like yay I'll get a cage so I don't get anymore body damage!! Now I'm like wow, I'm an idiot!

Products Discussed in this Thread