Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #2981
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Cool! I've got a plasma cutter so I should be good on the bracket side of things but I'll keep that in mind.

I talked to Brian at 4 Wheel Underground about building a link kit for people that want 1 tons under their Tacoma. He said there has been a lot of interest and will look into producing something. If he releases it, I may go that route since his link suspensions are tried and true
Yeah I was going to help develop that with him when I swapped mine but with my axle his kit would not work.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #2982
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
i brought ORI's up in the ultra 4 world and got laughed at…. LOL I guess a couple guys have tried and failed over and over and over

effectively they all say they were great in the rock, but once you start actually racing good luck, if you want to go fast stay away, I have contemplating them for the lexus on the 3 link set-up, but how well will they hold up the heavy 12V once its in…..

I think they have there place but there is a strong reason you see 99% of the race industry still with their typical shocks, Our team runs radlo's and GOD DAMN they are smooth
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #2983
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
i brought ORI's up in the ultra 4 world and got laughed at…. LOL I guess a couple guys have tried and failed over and over and over

effectively they all say they were great in the rock, but once you start actually racing good luck, if you want to go fast stay away, I have contemplating them for the lexus on the 3 link set-up, but how well will they hold up the heavy 12V once its in…..

I think they have there place but there is a strong reason you see 99% of the race industry still with their typical shocks, Our team runs radlo's and GOD DAMN they are smooth
Yeah they were probably the old DP3's they did not do well at speed. The STX is much better at speed.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #2984
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Cool! I've got a plasma cutter so I should be good on the bracket side of things but I'll keep that in mind.

I talked to Brian at 4 Wheel Underground about building a link kit for people that want 1 tons under their Tacoma. He said there has been a lot of interest and will look into producing something. If he releases it, I may go that route since his link suspensions are tried and true
Brian as smart as he is, has left ZERO squat, also you have these giant towers that look awesome but become more of a problem when swapping

Darthyota is 3 linking his 4runner right now and it looks pretty but after seeing a 3 link on another local truck you can see that the centre tower is huge and potentially limiting factor

I sat down with my local guy who really walked me through 3 link's and how suspension reacts, same guy who built our race truck and very reputable in the area. I walked away with a much better understanding, at least to the point that the angle calculator make more sense
Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #2985
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone need a '78-79 Ford High Pinion KingPin axle?

PM me...I have one left, just sold one. Shipping is super reasonable through Fastenal...just shipped the one to TX for $150.

In case you don't know...this is the single most sought after axle out there, period. Strongest design, high pinion, and actually room for brackets on the drivers side of the pumpkin which is what makes this axle desirable over any other year ford axle. (Fords are driver drop, perfect for tacomas)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #2986
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Dafuq!? You had TWO spare 78-79's?!?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #2987
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it to Eric so we can build it right this time.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #2988
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Sell it to Eric so we can build it right this time.
Go fuck yourself with a blender haha. But I like my D44
Old 11-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #2989
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
If i had a garage i'd buy your d44 so you can buy the 60
Old 11-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #2990
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
If i had a garage i'd buy your d44 so you can buy the 60
BUY A GARAGE
Old 11-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #2991
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
BUY A GARAGE
Haha give me a year or so! I know lots of people say go 60 over 44 but for what I'd do with it, your setup would be plenty
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #2992

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, as built as that 44 is, I don't think you'd have a problem selling it. Could probably sell it tomorrow if you wanted.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #2993
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Yeah, as built as that 44 is, I don't think you'd have a problem selling it. Could probably sell it tomorrow if you wanted.
Then put a stock Dana 60 in and sleep like a baby at night
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #2994
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

The problem with going to a D60 is that I need to get a rear for it, then I gotta get different wheels and of course I'll need 40s... regear...bearings...lockers...ugh
Old 11-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #2995
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The problem with going to a D60 is that I need to get a rear for it, then I gotta get different wheels and of course I'll need 40s... regear...bearings...lockers...ugh
Ford 9
Old 11-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #2996
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I already have a ford 9" haha, it's way too narrow to match the tons, not that a narrow rear is bad or anything... Also it's weak, I already broke it once
Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #2997
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I already have a ford 9" haha, it's way too narrow to match the tons, not that a narrow rear is bad or anything... Also it's weak, I already broke it once
LOVE this right here ^^^^^^^ reinforcing my satement that anything can be broken. the ford 9 is a really strong rear end for it's size time for tons my friend..
Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #2998
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
A 9inch is strong but they are not gold. Seen the scatter parts plenty of times.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #2999
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
A 9inch is strong but they are not gold. Seen the scatter parts plenty of times.
that and ARBs seem to not hold up as well in Ford 9 all other aplications it seems to do fine in..
Old 11-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #3000
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I like the challenge of being on 36s... And having limits. I feel if I go to 40s everything will just be too easy... Alot of trails are already accomplished by my truck, but with a challenge still.

Products Discussed in this Thread