Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #3261
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Thanks for the replies. I've been doing some measuring (again ) and I can easily fit 18"s so I think I'll go that route and just use straps/bumps to limit it to 16-17". I want to give it a little breathing room and reduce the chances of bottoming out/damaging the shocks.
which CO are you going to run??
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #3262
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
King. I was thinking about Radflo but it seems like King isn't that much more $
Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #3263
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
King. I was thinking about Radflo but it seems like King isn't that much more $
nice.. The SAW 18" measures the same as the King 16" and it's half the money so im going SAW. I like my saws i have now and if i have issues i can always trade them off for kings..
Old 01-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #3264
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post

ok lets break this down..

if we break
-mud: nasty mud covered parts with mud falling off the truck into your eyes and you covered in mud after it's fixed.
-rocks: i change the part wipe off my hands and go wheeling with minimal dirt on me..

motor
-mud: lots of high rmps and fuel consumption
-rocks: lots of low rpm (meaning my motor sees less abuse)

at the end of the day
-mud: you wash your truck
-rocks: i park my truck

so im lost please tell me on how mud beats rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Mud requires little driver skill and just isn't fun after replacing electrical parts and other thing covered in mud. Not to mention it is terrible for bearings, frame rust, seals, etc. Rock crawling requires technical driving skills to navigate terrain. I have more fun going 1/2 mph on rocks and trails than turning ridiculous amounts of rpm in a mud hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Yeah I'm sorry, mud takes zero skill. Mash the throttle and steer then get yanked out by your buddy with a Jeep. Couldn't get any worse than that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I feel the same way. Mud is meh. Makes an absolute mess of everything. Rocks are fun as hell to crawl around in.
To each is there own. That is why we dont all have the exact same vehicle. I prefer mud over crawling end of story. You all say high RPMS and stress on the motor, yes this is true but why does it matter? As long as we are all off road and having a good time i dont care if you like to crawl over rocks or hit dunes at a 150 MPH. We all have fun our own ways.

And as a side note i went to the Rubicon this last summer for the first time ever and went through the entire rubicon with a friends jeep. Yes it takes more skill than mudding but it aint that hard.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #3265
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
I built my truck for both mud and rocks. I kept it simple with leaves all around, cause I'm not smart enough for links . Now that I have a third/beater car I might go bigger and complicated with the truck.

On a side note, I don't usually wash my truck often.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #3266
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
I built my truck for both mud and rocks. I kept it simple with leaves all around, cause I'm not smart enough for links . Now that I have a third/beater car I might go bigger and complicated with the truck.

On a side note, I don't usually wash my truck often.
yeah i dont wash mine often either. Seems like everytime i was it someone calls and wants to go offroading...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #3267
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
yeah i dont wash mine often either. Seems like everytime i was it someone calls and wants to go offroading...
I've had my truck clean for about a week. That's the longest it's been clean where I live. I live off the beaten path and have a few paved roads that my truck actually drives on.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #3268
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had my truck clean for about a week. That's the longest it's been clean where I live. I live off the beaten path and have a few paved roads that my truck actually drives on.
Half of your sig pic is cut off and it's irritating me.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #3269
Quote:
Oh nice. Yeah it seems like no matter when i clean my truck when i am putting the power washer and soap away someone calls and it is either "I am stuck" or "I got this sick spot, we should go hit it"
Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #3270

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
it's like they KNOW.. i say its the wheeling gods that do it to ya cuz they know you are dirty little mud puppy..

Yeah yeah yeah i know to each their own but doenst mean im not gonna give ya shit about it
Old 01-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #3271
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Mud is a lot like this

Old 01-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #3273

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Get drunk, fun while it lasts, regret it afterwards
Old 01-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #3274

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get drunk, fun while it lasts, regret it afterwards
been there lots of times.. though i gues its worse for me cuz here in SE idaho we have sand lots and lots of sand. not the good kind you find out on the dunes but the kind mixed in with dirt so when you "mud" bog out here you find sand and water in your diff the next day cuz a hot diff will pull that shit in through the seals..
Old 01-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #3275

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've pretty much avoided mud ever since experiencing the bentonite clay south of Lander. I don't know what's in it but if you tried to remove the clay, it would scratch the HELL out of the windshield and clear coat.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #3276

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I've pretty much avoided mud ever since experiencing the bentonite clay south of Lander. I don't know what's in it but if you tried to remove the clay, it would scratch the HELL out of the windshield and clear coat.

sounds like sand to me.. have to put a sprinkler next to your truck and let the shit soak then spray it off then repeat.. pain in the ass if you ask me..
Old 01-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #3277

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Started prep for the cage

DSC07872 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr

Anyone need a firewall plate?

DSC07873 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr
Old 01-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #3278
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Good Lord there is literally nothing left of your truck!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #3279

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing the truck is paid off.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #3280
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
X2 you should of built a tube buggy with all the work your doing to that thing. So we should expect to see this wheeling the summer of 2020 right

Products Discussed in this Thread