Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #3321
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
Hey I hope you do give me shit about it

not gonna lie cant wait to see your rig when it's done seeing how as we are using the same axles and are shooting for the same frame height..
Old 01-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #3322
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Haha yeah. The plan/priorities for it kept changing. I'm hoping to make it to Moab next year.
Quoting that
Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #3323
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any 2nd gen leaf spring sas builds yet, or a reason why I haven't seen any?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #3324
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
Is there any 2nd gen leaf spring sas builds yet, or a reason why I haven't seen any?
thers a guy kinda local to me that was running leafs and a d44 upfront but he kept blowing up the d44 and put the truck into a tree, so now he's putting in a 4.7 and going to d60s don't know much else. build thread here
http://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-ab-toyota...urrection.html
Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #3325
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post
not gonna lie cant wait to see your rig when it's done seeing how as we are using the same axles and are shooting for the same frame height..
yeah i definitely need to talk with you more about the rear. Whenever i get a runner i will start hacking and welding immediately.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #3326
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
sick 3.4 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys can i get your opinion on a closed knuckle front solid axle?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #3327
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Started prep for the cage

DSC07872 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr

Anyone need a firewall plate?

DSC07873 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr
Holy fuck dude

YES
Old 01-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #3328
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Started prep for the cage

DSC07872 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr

Anyone need a firewall plate?

DSC07873 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr
so whats lift of the cab just the basic structure to keep it looking like a cab?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #3329
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick 3.4 tacoma View Post
hey guys can i get your opinion on a closed knuckle front solid axle?
depends on what axle your talking about but basically if its not a Rockwell its weaker than an open knuckle axle
Old 01-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #3330

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Working on the HP D60:Rotors turned, bearings packed seals ordered and 90% of the rust is gone. after thats all put back together its time to start fabing mounts. Though i should wait till after i get back from moab in the summer.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #3331
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
depends on what axle your talking about but basically if its not a Rockwell its weaker than an open knuckle axle
Toyota?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #3333
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
toy solid front axles are closed nuckle and they are not as strong as a dana 44..
I disagree. This is the first I have ever heard of anyone saying a D44 is stronger than a Yota axle.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #3334

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I disagree. This is the first I have ever heard of anyone saying a D44 is stronger than a Yota axle.
ive owned both and if you arent running a HP diff for the toy the 44 diff is stronger the axles are about a toss till you go cromy so are we asking factory or built to the nuts cus at this point might as well move to a 60 and not play that game..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #3335
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ive owned both and if you arent running a HP diff for the toy the 44 diff is stronger the axles are about a toss till you go cromy so are we asking factory or built to the nuts cus at this point might as well move to a 60 and not play that game..
ed-zachary. A 44 is no better than a toy. They are equally crappy and one should just go straight to a 60.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #3336

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ed-zachary. A 44 is no better than a toy. They are equally crappy and one should just go straight to a 60.
so youre saying i should LT my truck befor i put my D60 under it?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #3337
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so youre saying i should LT my truck befor i put my D60 under it?
Confused? I said a D44 is a waste of money as is a Toyota axle when SASing.

If you are referring to me having LT prior to my SAS as a waste of money it wasn't bc I got every dime that I spent back when I got rid of it

And I did lt when I was living in an apt and working out of a 1 stall storage unit with no power except the opener, lol so a SAC at that time was out of the question.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #3338

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Confused? I said a D44 is a waste of money as is a Toyota axle when SASing.

If you are referring to me having LT prior to my SAS as a waste of money it wasn't bc I got every dime that I spent back when I got rid of it

And I did lt when I was living in an apt and working out of a 1 stall storage unit with no power except the opener, lol so a SAC at that time was out of the question.
on no i was confused you basicaly just agreed with me.. i thought you said one should not just go to a dana60 so i was like what if the weaker options suck then LT first?? i was being a smart ass. but yeah im with you if youre going to build it to be big then Dana 60 right off the batt but if some one was not ever going go above 35's then built 44 or toy axle would be fine..
Old 01-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #3339
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Mark was all like... SFA is meh, I wanna LT truck because it drives everywhere basically and it's cool to see peoples faces when a LT truck runs hard trails Until I came along and was all like BITCH FUCK IFS
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #3340

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Mark was all like... SFA is meh, I wanna LT truck because it drives everywhere basically and it's cool to see peoples faces when a LT truck runs hard trails Until I came along and was all like BITCH FUCK IFS
Inferior front suspention..

Products Discussed in this Thread