Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #4041
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I think it's worth it for these.

What does a rocker or a trep run compared to whatever else? I'm sure they're pretty fawking heavy too.
The 10 ply Iroks in the 40" range are listed from 95 to 100 lbs according to Interco's site.

The 41" rockers are listed from 110 to 118 lbs according to Pitbull's site.

From FourWheeler.com Not sure what those wheels weigh though.

Quote:
Radial Maxxis Trepadors The 40x13.50R17LT Maxxis Trepador Radial weighs 1281/2 pounds on a 17-inch Walker Evans beadlock.

Bias-Ply maxxis trepadors The 40x13.50-17LT bias-ply Trepador Competition tires weigh a hefty 140 pounds on a 17-inch Walker Evans beadlock.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #4042
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they're all pretty heavy. I'm not worried about it.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 AM   #4043
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
If someone I am with gets a flat and has no spare, not my problem and I will/have left them there.
I'll remember when you break a leaf spring again and you didn't pack a spare. CYA BITCH

Ps I didn't have a spare for 3 years. Didn't even need it. Sure I lost a few beads but that's what ether is for
Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #4044
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I'll get one by the time she's up and rolling err running. And I definitely don't need to waste money on a 5th new tire. I'm not they type of guy who rotates his spare tire though. It's a spare for a reason. However, I could afford it.

So when you stepping up to 40s?
Good to hear, just a pet peeve when people roll with no spare. I got stuck buying a new one bc I couldn't find a used one at the time.

I would love to get 40's but just had purchased these 37's. Its gonna be a while unless a miracle happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I'll remember when you break a leaf spring again and you didn't pack a spare. CYA BITCH
The odds of getting a flat are much higher that the odds of breaking a leaf. And I bet I can find and source a chevy 63 main leaf faster and cheaper than you could (if) source a 40" tire in the right rim size in a pinch
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #4045
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
The more important question is - will it fit the OEM spare tire carrier??
Old 03-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #4046
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
The more important question is - will it fit the OEM spare tire carrier??
You so funnay. Let see more progress! Get back in the garage!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #4047
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The odds of getting a flat are much higher that the odds of breaking a leaf. And I bet I can find and source a chevy 63 main leaf faster and cheaper than you could (if) source a 40" tire in the right rim size in a pinch
Just wheel like a pussy like I do and you don't need to worry about a tire
Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #4048
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Just wheel like a pussy like I do and you don't need to worry about a tire
#D44problems
Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #4049
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You so funnay. Let see more progress! Get back in the garage!
I am!

DSC07922 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr
Old 03-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #4050
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Yesssss! Both axles are ready to roll. Not much more left to buy
Attached Thumbnails
Solid Axle Swap BS Thread-screen-shot-2014-03-15-3.41.04-pm.jpg  
Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #4052

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Yesssss! Both axles are ready to roll. Not much more left to buy
Old 03-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #4053

45acp's Tacoma Gallery

Can't believe this thing is/was a Tacoma.

At least we got some shit done on Supra TTs truck over the weekend.

Installed a Badlands 12000lb winch
Replaced a couple driveshaft u-joints
Wookie strength carrier bearing mod
Took the d44 down the street to get the new r&p and spool installed
Front driveshaft was contacting the tranny crossmember when the driver side was flexed, so I clearanced it further and used some scrap 1/4" 4130 plate to reinforce it.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #4054
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

Can't believe this thing is/was a Tacoma.
Can't wait to see you throw more tube at this
Old 03-17-2014, 05:17 AM   #4055
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Got Rays (oneup) Taco on the road. Well, sort of. We still need to get the exhaust done and run hi ARB lines but then it's ready to hit some trails. Just took it to get some gas in it. He said it ran smooth and tracked straight.

Heres a short video with me following behind him from the gas station.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #4056
Tanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to all

Name: Tanner
Tanner757's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt know where else to post this but im about to sas my truck and i found a wagoneer frot axle complete hub to hub and leaf packs for 350.00 does this seem to be a good deal or is this kinda high
Thanks for any insite you can offer
Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #4057
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
I think it matters mainly in your area. I waited for a few years for my waggy 44 to pop up. I paid $340 for it with 4.88Ts and high steer arms on it.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #4058
Tanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to all

Name: Tanner
Tanner757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99yodataco View Post
I think it matters mainly in your area. I waited for a few years for my waggy 44 to pop up. I paid $340 for it with 4.88Ts and high steer arms on it.

Ok i gotcha thanks for the quick reply much appreciated
Old 03-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #4059
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Planning to start my truck April 18 and hopefully be rollin' by April 27
Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #4060

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Planning to start my truck April 18 and hopefully be rollin' by April 27

Products Discussed in this Thread