Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #4281
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I'm not saying drop it to 24" but you can get it a lot lower I think 28" would be a good height if you want tall on the 42's but that's just me. We do a lot of off camber rock crawling out here so high frame rigs tend to tip over on their lid.

It does have a lot to do with what you're wheeling on and while i do some off camber stuff it's rare and i end up in places i need frame height more than anything.

Dont get me wrong im not shooting for 34" of frame height i wanted 30" but the way it's looking unless i want to cut up stuff alot im going to end up close to 34" which doesnt bug me a ton just means ill have to be more carefull when i get to off camber stuff and or just use my winchs to take the height out of the truck. ill have front and rear mount winches so i can just suck the truck down and have a 90" droop suspention.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #4282
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
hopfully by next week ill have all my links in place and post a few pics. Had to order the T100 oil pan swap thought id be able to get away with not having to swap but turns out my hydro ram isnt giveing me any room for a pan link.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #4283
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post
this is still guess work but this is 8" of up travel with 34" of frame hight. gonna try and drop it down. really didnt want to cut into my fenders for shock towers but thats the price i pay for running 18's
Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #4285
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
That panhard looks ridiculously short.

How far does the axle swing over at full droop?
Old 08-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #4287
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck yeah, pirate4x4 style!

Probably doesn't matter much anyway (if at all) since you're going full hydro. How's it looking/clearing flexed the other way?
Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #4288

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
well I think it's tall as fuck but i'm ok with that. I've had tall trucks in the past just have to be really careful in the rocks. that stuffed tire bent that part of the fender that has the two mounting holes in about 3/4 of an inch befor the shock bottomed out. and the other side will that's full droop. axle stays center under the truck fairly well while flexing and when the truck unloades the axle moves over about 5-6 inchs (that is a guess) thing is ill have a limit strap in the middle of the axle so it cant do that.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #4290

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
guess my truck isn't as fat as I thought it was. With a 18" long 200# spring and a 16" long 150# spring at 6" of ride height. Problem is ill have about 3" of distance between the spring and spring seat at full droop. So guess im going triple rate. called a few places yesterday to get a tender coil and triple rate spring guide and after all day of dicking around on the phone I jumped on amazon where I found Genesis spring guides and hyperco 6" long tender coils, where as everyone else only had 4" tender coils.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #4291
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Color match my fenders or leave it? What you guys think...

Old 08-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #4292
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Color match! And put removable bedsides on it...
Old 08-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #4293
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Matte black.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #4294
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am working on the bedsides lol... I actually have bed sides that I bought almost 1.5 years ago....

...AND a supercharger that I bought a year ago that STILL isn't installed

Old 08-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #4295
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
...I love how it looked with before the exo, Boost too?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #4296
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
Matte black.
It's basically matte black due to the fade from the sun... This is pic I just took

Old 08-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #4297
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Eric what's your frame height?
Old 08-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #4298
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Eric what's your frame height?
48"
Old 08-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #4299
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
48"
Haha it does look tall which is why I was asking. I'm right around 26" on 37's aired up to 25 lbs. The front isn't even close to clearing so I'm stuck and deciding to cut a ton or throw another leaf in and cut a little. I'm just worried about getting too tall.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 AM   #4300
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Haha it does look tall which is why I was asking. I'm right around 26" on 37's aired up to 25 lbs. The front isn't even close to clearing so I'm stuck and deciding to cut a ton or throw another leaf in and cut a little. I'm just worried about getting too tall.
Adding a leaf won't change where it rubs when it is flexed. Cut the shit out of it, or bumpstop it to reduce the trimming. I vote cut the shit out of it

Products Discussed in this Thread