Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #481
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
I figured it would be good to go. It's a dog on the freeway now so I can't imagine how it would be with a solid axle.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #482
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
My shits a dog too, but 4low crawling it does good enough for the girls I fuck
Old 07-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #483
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post

Old 07-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #484
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Quote:
Sig material.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #485
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Sig material.
Haha.

Whatcha think...? Kinda weird since the bed is dirty and the truck is clean.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #486
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Thread is so dead All these homo ass expedition rigs everyone wants. Who cares about a tent. I make one everynight.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #487
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, you forget this TW. Not a lot extreme mods going on here. Expo is probably a cheaper route anyway.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #488
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Expo doesn't make you crawl/desert race better.

Did you check out my full hydro? I finally fucking post something ultra bad ass I did and get no comments about it (I am contemplating going back in time and building a new truck to get people to look at it and make a comment about it, shit)
Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #489
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Must've missed it, was out in WY over the weekend. You should link your build in your sig.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #490

Quote:
Haha.

Whatcha think...? Kinda weird since the bed is dirty and the truck is clean.

Seems legit. That front driver side tire looks a little over inflated. Might want to take that down a bit
Quote:
Thread is so dead All these homo ass expedition rigs everyone wants. Who cares about a tent. I make one everynight.
I log onto this site about once a week now. Join the Army they said. You'll see the world they said. I've been at Fort Irwin, CA for 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Haha, you forget this TW. Not a lot extreme mods going on here. Expo is probably a cheaper route anyway.
LED gauge swaps, and rear taillight tinting isn't extreme :anonymous:
Quote:

Did you check out my full hydro? I finally fucking post something ultra bad ass I did and get no comments about it (I am contemplating going back in time and building a new truck to get people to look at it and make a comment about it, shit)
ok so I do a little more reading/looking then I do commenting. It's funny for me to see members that haven't been on as long with triple my post count.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #491
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
You SAS guys have the most bad ass rigs hands down, most guys seem scared of the whole SAS idea or something like that. I am doing all my research, its tough with an 05+
Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #492

I couldn't imagine doing a swap on a 2nd Gen. I'm losing my mind as it is w/ the 88.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #493
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its def going to be a challenge. Do you know if an axle from a LC is transferable?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
Its def going to be a challenge. Do you know if an axle from a LC is transferable?
I forget what side the flange/diff has to be on for the Taco's. IIRC it has to be driver side. SupraTT would know better than me.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #495
RAGEAHOLIC

Hmm, I just know aguy who is parting out 1 or two LC's and he could hook me up free of charge.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #496
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
I forget what side the flange/diff has to be on for the Taco's. IIRC it has to be driver side. SupraTT would know better than me.
output flange must be on driver side, there are ways around this, but its usually easier to just find the correct axle to begin with.

im looking to build a RELIABLE expo rig as im not into rock crawling, but something that can get me from point a to point b, and if it cant make it in between, doesn't break, just gets stuck.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #497
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
I couldn't imagine doing a swap on a 2nd Gen. I'm losing my mind as it is w/ the 88.

Psh.. all the same just less rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
If anything use the LC 3rd members... and get custom housings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
output flange must be on driver side, there are ways around this, but its usually easier to just find the correct axle to begin with.

im looking to build a RELIABLE expo rig as im not into rock crawling, but something that can get me from point a to point b, and if it cant make it in between, doesn't break, just gets stuck.
SA is an excellent (yet pricey) way to go. Have you looked into LT? My buddy has an expo (sorta) LT rig, his shit works excellent. Oh and it drives down the road, unlike my junk.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #499
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My buddy has an expo (sorta) LT rig, his shit works excellent. Oh and it drives down the road, unlike my junk.

Its "expo" because of the refridgerator And thanks, Eric!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #500
RAGEAHOLIC

Well if I can get anything out of it for free that would be great. Where would be a good place to look for a custom housing?

Products Discussed in this Thread