Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #501
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
DROOP IS KEY!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #502
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
DROOP IS KEY!
True story
Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #503
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
would you say no mods truck with LT is more capable than your sas in the rocks?

Hell the Fuck NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"scuse me...got a bit emotional there.....
Old 07-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #504
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha just stirrin the pot
Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #505
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
Hell the Fuck NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"scuse me...got a bit emotional there.....
Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #506
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
you have got to be kidding me. 4lo helps as much going down a hill as it does going up.

well thats a full 180 flip haha.
I know this now, just trying to make evrything harder than it had to be haha!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #507
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post

Get urself one of these....install it in the tcase (assuming you have the blank on the passenger side of the output "tailshaft"), wire one wire to grnd, one to pos, and splice the signal wire into the red/yellow wire in the loom at your abs controller.

info from Wyatt

if you no have plug at tcase you are screwed. I think they stopped sometime mid 06...
Make sure that you wire it up correctly or you'll have problems. Some of them severe.

There are numbers on the plug that must be adhered to. The positive must be spliced into a true keyed 12v power source that is not fed by a computer or cpu and must be ign on. If you use one that is just positive all the time you may find yourself stuck in the middle of no where with a dead battery.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #508
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
You guys see any issues sticking with 4.10's and 33's for light trail use? I need to find something to not eff with for the sake of making progress.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #509
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

4.10s and 33s will be just fine, That's why they invented 4 Lo.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #510
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Do a gear calculation from this site, it works great.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56784

Currently if I had stock 31s with stock 4.10s vs my 5.38 and 38.5s.. My gear ratio is almost stock again... sigh
Old 07-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #511
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
I figured it would be good to go. It's a dog on the freeway now so I can't imagine how it would be with a solid axle.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #512
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

My shits a dog too, but 4low crawling it does good enough for the girls I fuck
Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #513
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post

Old 07-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #514

Quote:
Sig material.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #515
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Sig material.
Haha.

Whatcha think...? Kinda weird since the bed is dirty and the truck is clean.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #516
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Thread is so dead All these homo ass expedition rigs everyone wants. Who cares about a tent. I make one everynight.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #517
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, you forget this TW. Not a lot extreme mods going on here. Expo is probably a cheaper route anyway.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #518
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Expo doesn't make you crawl/desert race better.

Did you check out my full hydro? I finally fucking post something ultra bad ass I did and get no comments about it (I am contemplating going back in time and building a new truck to get people to look at it and make a comment about it, shit)
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #519
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Must've missed it, was out in WY over the weekend. You should link your build in your sig.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #520

Quote:
Haha.

Whatcha think...? Kinda weird since the bed is dirty and the truck is clean.

Seems legit. That front driver side tire looks a little over inflated. Might want to take that down a bit
Quote:
Thread is so dead All these homo ass expedition rigs everyone wants. Who cares about a tent. I make one everynight.
I log onto this site about once a week now. Join the Army they said. You'll see the world they said. I've been at Fort Irwin, CA for 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Haha, you forget this TW. Not a lot extreme mods going on here. Expo is probably a cheaper route anyway.
LED gauge swaps, and rear taillight tinting isn't extreme :anonymous:
Quote:
Expo doesn't make you crawl/desert race better.

Did you check out my full hydro? I finally fucking post something ultra bad ass I did and get no comments about it (I am contemplating going back in time and building a new truck to get people to look at it and make a comment about it, shit)
ok so I do a little more reading/looking then I do commenting. It's funny for me to see members that haven't been on as long with triple my post count.

Products Discussed in this Thread