Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #1041
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
I got ya, man. Can't wait to see you build her up!

it's gonna be some time ill finnaly have my divorce paid off next year but then the new wife want new tits 6G's there. And we bought a house so all my monthly bills doubled. yay it's like she doesnt want me to spend money on the one thing that consumes my life.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1042
GoHigher is just really niceGoHigher is just really niceGoHigher is just really niceGoHigher is just really nice

Name: Jake
GoHigher's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question... sorry if its already been asked but has anyone used an fj80 setup on their 2nd Gen?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #1043
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHigher View Post
Quick question... sorry if its already been asked but has anyone used an fj80 setup on their 2nd Gen?
The issue with the fj80 is steering. Highsteer arms are like $700 and hellfire fab knuckles are like $800 I think I read. By the time you get the axle and that stuff you could do a diamond. Plus its a ton of stuff to cut off. If your doing links its not a bad stup. The rear diff is offset. My buddy Nate has a ff fj80 in his taco and he hasn't had any issues but he's now converting to diamonds. Bang for the buck its almost easier to go the diamond route and run mini truck knuckles and get a better width. I'm not sure that anyone makes a brake upgrade for the 80 axle to use the taco/tundra brakes or the late taco/Fj brakes.

Front range off road/ diamond axle offers both kits. I have the 05+ and Fj kit on my diamond and love it. I beefed up the bolts on It cause the early kit had a short bolt. I had them pull out on me so I went to a longer bolt and from 8.8 to 12.9 in a socket head bolt. I like the socket head better now that its on. I'm the only one it happened to so it could have been the knuckle or one backed out or something but the longer,stronger bolt gives me a little piece of mind now.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #1044
GoHigher is just really niceGoHigher is just really niceGoHigher is just really niceGoHigher is just really nice

Not worried about Fab work. Its what I do I was just curious if anyone has had good results with it. I like the idea of wiring the front E-locker into my existing switch. Shouldn't be too hard to clear up the underside of this truck and Yank all the mounting hardware off a cruiser at a junkyard I wouldn't think. I haven't researched it much though to be honest.. I just have this front housing off a landcruiser at my shop laying around. Trying to utilize it.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHigher View Post
Not worried about Fab work. Its what I do I was just curious if anyone has had good results with it. I like the idea of wiring the front E-locker into my existing switch. Shouldn't be too hard to clear up the underside of this truck and Yank all the mounting hardware off a cruiser at a junkyard I wouldn't think. I haven't researched it much though to be honest.. I just have this front housing off a landcruiser at my shop laying around. Trying to utilize it.
So if the fab works not an issue then the only downside to it is the highsteer/steering arm options and the lack of brake upgrades to match your setup. If your using links the. You won't have the same issues As a leaf swap with the steering but you still want the tierod up out of the rocks. I think there is talk of a keyed version of the hellfire knuckles for full hydro and hydro assist guys.......

Now that I think about it someone had said something about a rhd steering arm for makin steering easier. I'd search pirate
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #1046
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
staying toyota i like it.. I did that with my 94 100% toyota i broke a lot cuz i had 37 and i wheeled it like a tank but that y im going to a 60 this go around.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1047
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Tie rod on the fj80's sits behind the axle above the radius arms, no need to try and get it up out of the rocks.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #1048
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
Tie rod on the fj80's sits behind the axle above the radius arms, no need to try and get it up out of the rocks.
You can do that with a D60 too
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #1049

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
You can do that with a D60 too
Im going to go full hydro on it shouldnt have any issues with rocks hitting it. Also the steering links will be so short and strong i could probably hit rocks and not have any problems.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1050

Quote:
Yeah my bad the draglink is on the front still. For some reason I had It pictured funny. If you run leafs the highsteer is needed so its over the leaf.... Yeah I'm feeling a bit slow today
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #1051

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
so Question ill be buying peices and parts for the swap and i was looking at coil overs and i cant decide: Kings seem expensive, ive always been a fan of SAW, and then theres FOX, and last theres is a 17 inch Bilstien.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #1052
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
They are all good, I would go with whatever is readily available parts wise, and at a good price.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #1053
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably be going with radflo coilovers through 4wheelunderground myself, price seems pretty reasonable.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #1054
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I'll probably be going with radflo coilovers through 4wheelunderground myself, price seems pretty reasonable.
Yeah.... Don't really need anything fancy for crawling IMHO. You're going slow enough. Even remote resi's are prolly overkill unless you're rock hopping or being mr trophy truck.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #1056
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I would go fox if you can swing it...then give profender a look...they are a newcomer with great pricing and great reviews!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #1057
NWiTACO did you sell the allpro lt already?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #1058
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NWiTACO did you sell the allpro lt already?
It is already gone and spoken for.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #1059

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
Yeah my bad the draglink is on the front still. For some reason I had It pictured funny. If you run leafs the highsteer is needed so its over the leaf.... Yeah I'm feeling a bit slow today
I'm gonna use the spring and link mounts off a junked 90's cruiser I think so I shouldn't need highsteer... like I said. Need more research. I think I should be able to do steering linkages without too many purchased aftermarket parts
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #1060

rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are all good, I would go with whatever is readily available parts wise, and at a good price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Yeah.... Don't really need anything fancy for crawling IMHO. You're going slow enough. Even remote resi's are prolly overkill unless you're rock hopping or being mr trophy truck.

Oh i plan on beating on my truck thats for sure, otherwise whats the point of a D60? Remote resi's are a must and cost isn't that much more. I have SAW 2.0s on the truck now and love them i bought them used and rebuilt them parts are easy as shit to get through polypro. and i think they are just over 1k for the pair with dual rate springs and denders. Fox is about $200 more, and kink is like 1K more. but i want what isn't gonna break after i drop of a 7 foor ledge im moab like its a speed bump.

Products Discussed in this Thread