Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #1941
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I like the long wheelbase, tons of smaller vehicles out there trying to get every inch try Hey can between their axles and you already got it!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #1942
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Thats my thinking as well, I love the look of it. Nevermind the extreme functionality
Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1943
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Question for ypu guys, if money were no object would you run a portal conversion on a dana 60 on a 2nd gen? Why or why not? I'm thinking when the trucks paid off, she might get the treatment. Had it up on a lift and rolled some 44's up to it.....havent been able to shake the sight since then. I've got it bad fellas!
hell i want to do that with my 1st gen runner but with ford 9 centres
Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #1944
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Newb question, but is there a way to retain the stock bolt pattern? Or will that become a shear point if not beefed up with more lugs?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #1945
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Newb question, but is there a way to retain the stock bolt pattern? Or will that become a shear point if not beefed up with more lugs?
yah lots of kits out there to change them out
Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #1946
Purveyor of Fun

Shouldnt become a weak point if I decide to keep the 6 lug though right?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #1947
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no but you may find more wheel options in an 8 bolt pattern
Old 05-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #1948
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery

Seems to be in really good condition. Very little to no rust on the housing and only light surface rust on most other parts. No signs of cracking on the knuckles from what I can tell. WELL worth the money.

Now how the hell do I get it down from there?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #1949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

Seems to be in really good condition. Very little to no rust on the housing and only light surface rust on most other parts. No signs of cracking on the knuckles from what I can tell. WELL worth the money.

Now how the hell do I get it down from there?
back up quickly and then stop really fast ?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1950
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthyota View Post

make sure to disconnect the ratchet strap first though!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #1951
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Haha

Well it wasn't graceful, but I pulled the tailgate off and just dragged it out.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1952
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha. Looks good acp! Even just the housing alone, I had to get a buddy help me move the D60 out of my friends truck into storage These axles are no joke! Now you just need the 14 bolt and some SRW hubs for the 60
Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #1953
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no but you may find more wheel options in an 8 bolt pattern

lol i think the point is he wants to keep his rims
Old 05-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #1954
Purveyor of Fun

^this, open to the idea, but i'd prefer to keep the rims
Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #1955
if your going to run portal boxs you will want lots of positive offset to help keep the portal box protected and combat scrub
Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #1956
Purveyor of Fun

I think I read at least 7" of backspacing was recommended
Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #1958

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Hosed off the dirt and grease. Looking pretty good, IMO. Found the date and BOM. Nov. 1st 1977 and 610023-6

Anyone know of a good source for SRW hubs/rotors? Or should I find someone to have the DRW hubs turned down?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1959
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Just turn them down and true up where the wheel will mount. I've have found that web wheelers will say it's dangerous but there are no accounts of hub failures and I know of a few people running turned down drw hubs with no problems.

On a side note, I now have leafs semi mounted. Still have to square stuff up and burn the tubes in, but it's alot closer now.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #1960
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Also a pic with weight on the spring, there's still a couple inches of uptravel in there. Might add another leaf to the pack to try to get a lil more out of it.

Products Discussed in this Thread