LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Solid Axle Swap BS Thread

Everyone else has a BS thread so...yeah

Ask any questions people are having about a SAS, Me and I'm sure others will fill you in without flaming. (Like pirate4x4/Ttora) But I can't blame them.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't there like 3 guys that have it? And one that fakes having it? Lol
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
what we bsin bout?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
what we bsin bout?
Solid axles... And what not
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
there may not be very many people that have solid axle's, but there's alot of knowledge that other people have.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #7

There are a lot more on TTORA
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
my truck has a jeep part under it....should i set it on fire?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

The new rig I'm gonna get will have Danas front and rear
Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my truck has a jeep part under it....should i set it on fire?
Dude, the Ranger has Jeep, Toyota, Chevy, and Ford parts on it.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Dude, the Ranger has Jeep, Toyota, Chevy, and Ford parts on it.
ive got toyota jeep and chevy :P
Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:

now...
Attached Thumbnails
Solid Axle Swap BS Thread-419260_10150622899295827_813585826_9153674_1375389088_n.jpg   Solid Axle Swap BS Thread-add-picks-0.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Good place to ask BS questions you'd get flamed for on TTORA and Pirate.

What are the pros/cons of 3-link vs 4-link?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
cv axles are for chumps
Not true, a cv has more contact points there for making it stronger than a u-joint. RCV makes the strongest axles pretty much... $$ (CV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Good place to ask BS questions you'd get flamed for on TTORA and Pirate.

What are the pros/cons of 3-link vs 4-link?
3 link, you use bigger bars, one less bar obviously, but you're gunna need to run a panhard bar especially in the rear if you plan to drive it I think the 3link with a panhard has less bump steer to it. 4 link is better due to its simplicity and great articulation.. Theres more too it I suppose.. 4link can be triangular or parallel as well, 2 different set ups
Old 02-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ive got toyota jeep and chevy :P
BURN IT!

JK. The new rig isn't a Toyota

Can't wait to wrench on a simpler setup than IFS.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
BURN IT!

What is it?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Not true, a cv has more contact points there for making it stronger than a u-joint. RCV makes the strongest axles pretty much... $$ (CV)

3 link, you use bigger bars, one less bar obviously, but you're gunna need to run a panhard bar especially in the rear if you plan to drive it I think the 3link with a panhard has less bump steer to it. 4 link is better due to its simplicity and great articulation.. Theres more too it I suppose.. 4link can be triangular or parallel as well, 2 different set ups
Good to know, simplicity and better articulation is what I'm after. 4-link it is!

Stole this pic from Pirate. The tire size & brand, as well as the ride height is what I'm aiming for.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #18

Quote:
BURN IT!

TELL US
Old 02-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #19
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Good to know, simplicity and better articulation is what I'm after. 4-link it is!

Stole this pic from Pirate. The tire size & brand, as well as the ride height is what I'm aiming for.

Maxxis Creepy crawlers, appear to be 40s
Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #20
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
What is it?
A mall crawler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
TELL US
Tacitcoolriceburningrangehummerroverchevyminivansi ennahondaobama. That's what it is.

Products Discussed in this Thread