LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Bought some axels...sas coming soon

Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #201
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
updates?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #202
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing much going on right now. Was going to install my hydro assist and move my panhard mount last weekend but had to work. Now I'm back on the night shaft and im waiting for me and my buddy with the nice ass shop to be off on the same weekend. After that hopefully I'll be able to actually drive it more than 35mph or were you referring to my little adventure on pirate?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #203
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
Nothing much going on right now. Was going to install my hydro assist and move my panhard mount last weekend but had to work. Now I'm back on the night shaft and im waiting for me and my buddy with the nice ass shop to be off on the same weekend. After that hopefully I'll be able to actually drive it more than 35mph or were you referring to my little adventure on pirate?

You answered my question, I was referring to the truck.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #204
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
sick

Subbd! This rig is bad ass. My truck wants to be your truck when it grows up!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #205
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey I have the plastic bedliner out of my truck if anyone wants it.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #206
Rocktoy07 is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat Medic, Prior service
Name: Logan
Rocktoy07's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought on the death wobble: Sounds like your tires are toed out or are uneven. Have you tried to align it yourself? Toe in should be between 1/8" and 1/4". When I did mine it was amazing how a little adjustment changes the steering!!! Your caster sounds like its in line.

Its fairly simple to align it yourself in your driveway. SHouldnt take more than an hour tops. Jus need a couple straight edges to strap to the outside of your tires, and a tape measure.

Just my 2 cents!!! Truck is looking awesome!! I used to live over in Wetumpka.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #207

Yeah I got it close. I set the toe just under 3/8 in but you have to remember that's on 38.5" tire on an 31" it would be closer to 1/4. I'm really just waiting till I get my hydro assist on and my panhard mount moved before I get too for into it.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #208

My truck has become a lawn ornament...It seems I will never finish this damn thing. Oh yeah and the dap brand expansion foam sucks balls. It's been on my truck for weeks it doesn't harden you can grab it and it's almost got the same texture and consistency as birthday cake. Do not use it stick with great stuff.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #209
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
3/8" toe in is still too much. My last Taco was on 37" MT/R's and I set it to 1/8" toe in and it drove soo much better down the road. It was toed out prior and always wobbled going down the freeway.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #210

After I move my panhard mount and install the hydro assist I'm going to have it aligned. Just not a big need to do much more until I get the suspension and steering finished.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #211
Hammer Slammer is on a distinguished road
Hammer Slammer's Tacoma Gallery
Kool build. Great read. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #212

Thanks...still haven't had time to work on the dang thing.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #213
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
It's in good hands now. Going to have that engine screaming and that front axle locked quickly!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #215

Where does the truck stand as of now?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #216

Still sitting at his shop. Not really sure when I will be able to get over there to pick it up. After that install the hydro assist and move the panhard mount then just drive it till something breaks.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #217
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
It's in good hands now. Going to have that engine screaming and that front axle locked quickly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
Still sitting at his shop. Not really sure when I will be able to get over there to pick it up. After that install the hydro assist and move the panhard mount then just drive it till something breaks.
SO... She's ready you're saying?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
SO... She's ready you're saying?
Everything but the hydro and panhard...or about a half a day and it will be done...for now.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #219
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Sick build. Looking forward to seeing some wheeling pics.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #220
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Travis, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread a little, but I wanted to post a few photos of things so that others may drool a little...lol.

Look...it's a bird! It's a plane! It's... SUPERCHARGER!

She is all snuggled up and ready to be worked out. Of course when that wobble hits you just don't want to drive it any faster. Acceleration is acceptable from a start, but yeah, you for sure will want to take the truck to the dealer to get the ECU flashed for the supercharger. I can't take her on the roads obviously, but a few short back streets behind the shop have allowed me to verify engagement and operation. She is a bit louder than I expected, but I have not heard another SC Tacoma for comparison.

Rear seal oil leak appears fixed. The seal itself was hard, and cracked on deflection. Also the seal housing was not sealed up well and added to the leak.

Zip locker installed in the front:

The current thing that I see right now is the air line that supplies air pressure to the front lock solenoid's pressure regulator keeps blowing off when compressor pressure builds up above I believe 150. It is a similar connector the the one that goes from the control solenoid, but is for the larger blue hose that came with your ARB compressor I believe. I am not sure if it has to do with the underhood heat or not. I am looking at this while we wait for you to be able to come down and pick her up. Also, I was right on the rear leaf springs. I swapped then left-to-right and that really bad lean is no longer there. It still has a slight lean, and measurements indicate some of that is due to a torqued bed, but it looks NOTHING like it did when you brought it down. I hope you will be quite happy with the results of everything we have done here.

Products Discussed in this Thread