Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Bought some axels...sas coming soon

Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #221
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Weird you mentioned re-flashing your ECU,
I was told by a couple dealerships that the 01-04 ECUs cannot be re-flashed.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #222
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
They can't technically be "reflashed" However the instructions clearly state to take the truck to the dealer for reprogramming. The original programming on the 3.4 is not designed to operate with a pressurized intake system. I believe the purpose of reprogramming is to allow the computer to compensate for the changes, as well as better fuel management.

By "reflashing" the ECU can get it's operating systems software reprogrammed for the TRD supercharger. It's like taking a system with Windows 7 Home Edition in it and updating it to Windows 7 Professional.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #223
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Still working on the pos. My go pro disappeared on me so ill get some pics sometime. Almost finished with the hydro assist. I hope it fixes the death wobble.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #224
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Truck is for sale I have about $26,000 invested pm me an offer if you are interested. Still has death wobble after installing hydro assist and engine not running right b/c I haven't drove it enough to let the ecu adjust to the supercharger. I am tired of working on it. Front axle needs to be rotated to get rid of the wobble and I don't want to bother with it.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #225
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
Truck is for sale I have about $26,000 invested pm me an offer if you are interested. Still has death wobble after installing hydro assist and engine not running right b/c I haven't drove it enough to let the ecu adjust to the supercharger. I am tired of working on it. Front axle needs to be rotated to get rid of the wobble and I don't want to bother with it.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #226

Yeah I am just sick of working on it. It has been over a year since I started it and I'm burned out on it.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #227
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
You can't burn out now man... It's so close to being done it was such a nice build too.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #228
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
DON'T DO IT! You'll regret it
Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #229
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Set the bitch aside for a couple months and come back to it. It's really easy to get burned out on projects like this when there's so much being done.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #230

Already did that...the hydro assist was my last push on it. Any offers? Its going on craigslist and ebay one day this week.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #231
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump for this sweet truck...If I had the cash(and didn't have another truck to build) I'd be all over it... GLWS
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #232
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
You know you're not gonna get close to $26k for it right?

Not knocking, but you will be lucky to get $15k for a SAS truck. I hope you prove me wrong, but calling it as I see it.

Most are ok with this loss on a SAS truck bc there is a value to the enjoyment they got out of it, but you didn't get that bliss yet.

As others suggested, set it aside. It has been a year since my truck saw daylight, and I have been burnt out a few times, but you got to look towards that end goal.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #233
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
I'm sorry to hear that but by all means...don't do it bud....

finish what you started!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #234
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
You know you're not gonna get close to $26k for it right?

Not knocking, but you will be lucky to get $15k for a SAS truck. I hope you prove me wrong, but calling it as I see it.

Most are ok with this loss on a SAS truck bc there is a value to the enjoyment they got out of it, but you didn't get that bliss yet.

As others suggested, set it aside. It has been a year since my truck saw daylight, and I have been burnt out a few times, but you got to look towards that end goal.
Yeah sorry to say it but X2 ^ after all you have put into it I wouldn't sell it just yet. You could rotate those knuckles in a weekend that would be much better then a $10,000+ loss in my book.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #235

yeah I know I won't get close to what I have in it. I just don't feel any joy when I think about it anymore...more of a sense of dread now.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #237
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I just read this thread from start to finish and gasped when I saw you want to sell it. It is your truck, and your call; but please reconsider. Take a breather, get a BJ, and come back to it with a fresh head.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #238
NorthWest Member

Op what are you asking for it?? or wanting?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #239

I just realized I never had it aligned or balanced the tires....
Old 09-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #240
F*ck you Brent

Well do that and keep it!