Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Bought some axels...sas coming soon

Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #241
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
I just realized I never had it aligned or balanced the tires....
and don't sell it
Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #242
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
Do not sell your truck. Cool off and chill for a while. You have a ton of financial and sweat equity into it. You will never get your money back from it.

From my own experience, I had a a very, very, well built up 88 samurai. I went traveling, came back broke. I sold it! That was 10 years ago! I am still kicking myself. I loved that truck, even when I hated it or it broke.
Now what am I doing, researching SAC threads for my tacoma!
I had the the perfect truck once and I let it go.
Don't make the same mistake
Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #243
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just realized I never had it aligned or balanced the tires....
Tripple face palm...
Old 10-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #244
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
So did the align/balance help?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #245
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Going to have it taken up there either tomorrow or next week.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #246
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I was going to have it aligned today but the wheels I borrowed wouldn't fit over my front hubs and one of the rear studs spun in the axleshaft...I hate this piece of shit. I think its fucking cursed.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #247
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
You have plenty more wheel studs to hold the tire on I hate my truck too but I still want to keep it lol
Old 10-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #248
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Mines cursed but I still love her Haha
Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #249

Yeah i replace the stud and got a set of 36's to get aligned with...still hate it though.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #250

Well I got it aligned today...it drives much much better. I got it up to 65 and no death wobble. I have to redo my air system though I blew an air line on the way back from the shop.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #251
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I got it aligned today...it drives much much better. I got it up to 65 and no death wobble. I have to redo my air system though I blew an air line on the way back from the shop.
dude awesome!!!!!!!

Just more things i am learning before i lift mine so i can make it float like a cadi
Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #252
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
i hear you on the burnt out thing.
my truck has been sitting for a year, didnt touch it for nearly 8 months or so.
finally getting back into it, man it feels good.
dont sell it. you will get your mojo back and regret it.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #253

Bought some axels...sas coming soon-00g0g_iqnzeobihei_600x450.jpg

Bought some axels...sas coming soon-00101_6mi6z4gkuua_600x450.jpg

Bought some axels...sas coming soon-01717_eqgbggwb1mt_600x450.jpg

I am seriously considering trying to sell my truck and buying this. Fuel injected 454 th400 205case rockwell top loaders 44boggers. I am drooling over this one. Oh yeah the truck drives fine now just need to adjust my coil overs so that it sits level in the front.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #254
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
As much fun and badass that thing is I think I'd prefer the Tacoma. Better gas mileage and street legal haha
Old 10-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #255

Ok so I put my tires back on today. It does ok up to about 37 mph then from there to 55 the IT WOBBLES LIKE THE POS IT IS. However I did get play with it a little bit off road and it does exceptionally well. I drove it off about a five foot drop into a creek drove down to a sandbank turned around and drove back up the drop off almost without spinning a tire. It looks like it might be a 90% trailer truck. I dunno I might try adding some more caster and see what that does. Ill try and get a pic or two up in a little while.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #256
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so I put my tires back on today. It does ok up to about 37 mph then from there to 55 the IT WOBBLES LIKE THE POS IT IS. However I did get play with it a little bit off road and it does exceptionally well. I drove it off about a five foot drop into a creek drove down to a sandbank turned around and drove back up the drop off almost without spinning a tire. It looks like it might be a 90% trailer truck. I dunno I might try adding some more caster and see what that does. Ill try and get a pic or two up in a little while.
Have u checked or balanced ur driveshafts? Usually vibes a starting at 40 and up are balance issues
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #257

Nah it's the same death wobble Its not nearly as bad as it was before but it's still there. Here's a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought some axels...sas coming soon-2013-10-26_17-04-12_56.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-2013102695170216.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-2013102695165258.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-2013102695170156.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-2013102695171059.jpg  

Old 10-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #258
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
How'd you balance your tires? And what is your caster at?
Old 10-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #259

Tried using weights and a balancing machine but we chased it around the wheel and ended up putting 6oz of balancing beads in each tire. Caster is set at 5.5-6 degrees.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #260
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ron
REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Update? I hope you keep it because I don't want to think about that bad ass Tacoma not being in Milbrook every time I come up 65!