Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Bought some axels...sas coming soon

Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #261
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I still have it, I had a pinched o-ring on my rear end and it let a little water got in. Then I had to wait for new seals and bearings to come in. I more or less got the rear back together a couple of days age just haven't had time to work on the wobble yet. I also have something popping in my front end that I have to check out. Just haven't had a chance to get on it.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #262
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
Yeah I still have it, I had a pinched o-ring on my rear end and it let a little water got in. Then I had to wait for new seals and bearings to come in. I more or less got the rear back together a couple of days age just haven't had time to work on the wobble yet. I also have something popping in my front end that I have to check out. Just haven't had a chance to get on it.
I wish you were closer. I would spend a day and get this thing all lined out for you.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #263
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ron
REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Update?
Old 12-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #264
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haven't really worked on much lately. I did get my bearings and seals installed just haven't had much time to mess with it. Now it's starting to get cold and I just don't care enough about it to work on it when its cold.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #265

kinda warm out today I think im going to work on the pos some.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #266

OK I got it all back together and went to a place right up the road to check it out. I couldn't make the front end make any odd noises this time. The front does feel harsh when going over washouts/ruts. It performed quite well, climbed everything I threw at it except for one really soft hill I just dug down into it. The engine still isn't really liking the s/c when you really put a load on it ( muddy clay and sand up to the top of the tires).
Old 01-01-2014, 05:58 AM   #267
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ron
REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal Mccray! Glad to see you still have it and getting closer to getting it right!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #268

Just put this on pirate...

Hi I have an 01 toyota tacoma four door trd limited for sale.
Three link sas.

Walker Evans coil overs.

Dynatrac pro rock 60's front and rear 35 spline chromo's up front 40 spline pro max shafts in rear. Yukon air locker up front detroit in the rear, 5.29 gears, disc brakes at all four corners.

3.4 v6 with trd supercharger.

5 new (about 60 miles) 38.5/14.5r15 tsl/sx's on 32 bolt allied beadlocks.( one isn't mounted yet)

psc hydro assist.

arb twin air comp with 10 gallon tank mounted under the bed.

Elite offroad front and rear bumpers and sliders.

8000# winch...and I'm sure there are several things I am forgetting.

I have about 27k in parts asking $19,500. For 21 I'll throw in an 07 trx 450 er that I built. RE head and carb (ported head, over sized valves, 42.5 fcr carb, big bore etc I just don't have the time to use either of them. If you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #269
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
God I love this truck...
Old 01-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #270

It can be yours....
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #271
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
It can be yours....
Believe me, if I had the money...
Old 01-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #272
12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
Believe me, if I had the money...
x2 You did an awesome job on this truck!!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #273

Dammit just accidentally deleted a long winded ass reply on here. Short version Not selling it right now, I have a few minor bugs to fix first and the S/C is now doing what it's supposed to thanks to my buddy Jeremy Headley.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #274
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dammit just accidentally deleted a long winded ass reply on here. Short version Not selling it right now, I have a few minor bugs to fix first and the S/C is now doing what it's supposed to thanks to my buddy Jeremy Headley.
This is the best news yet! Glad to see you are keeping it.
Now if I can only get my new to me 03 doublecab to be like yours
Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #275

Just a little update truck is running good now. I bought a set of regular black steel wheels mounted my tires dumped in 6oz of balancing beads and guess what... no more death wobble. S/c is great, no more hesitation. I have to get some air bumps I'm bottoming out my front shocks. Rear shocks have to be turned in line with the axle and angled more, I'm bottoming them out as well. Now that its street able I guess I should get a tag for it...Hasn't had one on it for about a year and a half.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #278
Run it

Old 06-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #279

My 8000# mile marked sec8 died on me. I think it was defective from the factory. The first time I put a load on it it stalled out...pos. So I put my 12,000# superwinch on it. It works much better. I didn't like the winch being closed in the bumper so I cut it out, I like this much better.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #280

Hmm, that pic is much larger than I thought it would be...Maybe not, it looked different in the preview.