Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Bought some axels...sas coming soon

Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #21
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Problems with all pro's kit?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What are the problems with all pros set up?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #23

Anybody?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #24
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know much about the All Pro setup, but I/my fab guy pieced my link setup together. I used Rusty's and Ballistic Fab. Some of them had to be tweaked but that's to be expected
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #25
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be mean but I've been told the same shit. If you have to ask questions you aren't ready to SAS. If you go with a kit which is meh, this is the only kit I would ever buy, pretty much the only true kit besides Sky's http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma
Old 05-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #26
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Trail-Gear's Kit C is pretty nice for a kit, but after dealing with them I wasn't impressed with their quality or customer service. Like SupreTT said it's pretty much got all of your essentials needed, minus the nickel and dime items.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #27
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Check out addictedoffroad.com they have some good.
Deals there basically just like trail gear but from what I here they reinforce there shit. But in the website they do sell trail gear stuff
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #28

Really leaning more toward a linked front. I have talked to a few ppl with the all pro kit and they all said its not a bad set up. Might have to tweak it a little to get it right but over all they were happy with it.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #29

Ok so I called southern offroad today and explained that my truck is there and I got an estimate for doing the sas but I decided to do it myself. I want to get a set of toyota style pinion flanges for my axels so I ask the guy about getting some different flanges for them. He didn't seem to understand what I was asking for or be able to differentiate between what I was talking about and what the other person he was talking to was talking about (he was talking to me and someone else apparently). Then he tells me that I will just have to bring it in so he can look at it. At this point I'm getting kinda annoyed. I tell him as politely as I can that that my truck is there and the axels are in the back of it. I explain that I want a set of pinion flanges with the toyota style flange for the d60's in the back of my truck. Then this guy tells me that nobody makes anything like that and hangs up on me...wth? On a more positive note I got a pm from Tim and my elite sliders and bumpers are done guess I'll get them in sometime soon. I did decide to try all pro's set up If it works as is great if not I'll change whatever I neet to get it to work correctly. It's only money right?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #30

Truck just left on the trailer and I'm going to start the swap first thing in the morning. I have a buddy that lives just north of birmingham bla bla bla. Long story short he has a shop and I got him to drag it up there on his way home today I'm heading that way around 5-6 in the morning. I'll try to take a lot of pics and do a little write up on how it ends up.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #31
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, LOTS of pictures.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #32
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see it finished!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #33

Ok here is how this weekend went. we started on the rear since it was going to be the fastest. Got the truck on the lift and pulled the rear axle. The axle I have had a few mounts that had to be cut off so after cutting them and grinding smooth we slid the axle under the truck. I had intended to set the back end down on the axle and rotate it untill i got the pinion angle where it needed to be then tack the perches in place. That didnt go so well I didnt account for the increased rake having a lift on the rear and the front at stock height. I ended up putting a level on the stock axle perches and an angle finder on the pinion flange then making my new rear axle match. The stock exhaust was hitting the new springs so I cut it off just behind the muffler. Ill take it to the exhaust shop after I get finished and let them worry about where to put it. Got everything bolted and welded in place on the rear... had to take a pic of that.Then it was time to turn it around and start on the front. Here is a pic with everything still in place.... yea I had a bit of an oil leak...
Attached Thumbnails
Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-120.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-121.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-123.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-127.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-130.jpg  

Old 07-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #34
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
lol nice stance!

You can leave the exhaust like that no problem, mine dumps just after the axle and works great.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #35

Just a few pics of the front end before and after the unbolting and cutting. This thing uploads so damn slowly.... Everything was going pretty good up to this point. Then we realized we had to cut the trans crossmember out and fab a new one not too big of a deal we would get to that later though.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-132.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-136.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-143.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-139.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-141.jpg  

Old 07-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #36

Had to cut the exh pipe out of the way couldnt get the spring to the front hanger with it there.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #37
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
Had to cut the exh pipe out of the way couldnt get the spring to the front hanger with it there.
they just get torn off by rocks anyway, it's good that you cut it off.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #38

Then came the o shit, the shock towers that all pro sent me were wrong. Looks like they might have sent me the towers for a different model..... That got me to thinking so I started checking everything. The upper link mount bolt won't line up and neither one of the right hand thread ends of the lower links will let the joint screw in. Looks like the threads were cut with a dull tool and arent quite 100%. I'm going to call all pro in the morning and see what they have to say about it. That pretty much killed today and it went from lets hurry up and get this axle under here to lets drink beer and figure out how we are going to get this two wheeled truck out of the shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-149.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-144.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-164.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-162.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-147.jpg  

Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #39

Here is what we came up with and where my poor little truck is stuck untill I get some more parts. Anybody else using the all pro set up? if so how did you do your trans crossmember?
Attached Thumbnails
Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-173.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-172.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-174.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-177.jpg  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #40

Oh yeah old oil pan
no oil pan
new oil pan
Attached Thumbnails
Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-169.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-170.jpg   Bought some axels...sas coming soon-truck-171.jpg