…2nd bit of trouble. You see, in the vein of keeping it cheap, we decided we could PROBABLY get away with reusing the springs I had in the rear. When I got the 3" fabtech oh-so-long ago, my lift height was limited by the fact that my rear springs were way worn. I eventually decided to get some custom Alcans for the rear. Got my specifics (weight, bias, current and desired height, shackle distance) and got to ordering. But I had issue when I received and installed them.
The springs were WAAAAAAYYYY too tall for a 3" lift. like, I was riding 3" fabtech front, 6" fabtech rear sort of "off." Never settled that much. So, doing some back of the envelope math I figured that with 37's and a goal frame-to-ground clearance of about 25"-27" I could probably just use them for this project and call it good.
This pic is with the front holding it's own weight, and the rear being supported by the lift to come level. Without this, it was probably still 3-4" off. Sadly, no picture as at the time I was bummed and slightly embarrassed. my truck looked like a scalded dog
…CLEARLY I HAD GOTTEN A BAD ENVELOPE.
Ahem. So, we researched perhaps adding in the TG rear matching kit. OMG NO WAY was that happening. $800 for the kit, then a left leg and 1st born child to install it. It looks to kit-tastic, but considering the dough we were in already, we decided to cheap out a bit more for the time being, and just "make it work" so we could get it out of the shop and at least daily driveable.
This consisted of lenthening the rear shackles, as well as teaming that up with an AAL on top (or should I say under) the Alcans. This setup actually works pretty well, decent-enough droop that I can off-road it until I upgrade it, and within 1-1.5" of the front height-wise (which I think means "level" after the front leafs break in and settle).