Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #221
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I love you. If I ever sas my truck, can you do it? :]

.008" backlash on the dot! Nice!
Yeah it was a bitch to get the .008" since I was re-using old shims from the LSD and what came on the ARB that I bought used, so my options for shim stacks were limited, but I always make it work.

Lets see how this SAS ends up before I answer that question, lol. But...I love you too man, no homo
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #222
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I'll run a pattern hopefully this evening. Basically I am counting on the gears being set-up correctly previously so I only set backlash because of swapping the carriers. Was still a bitch to do.

The more I touch this axle the more I appreciate the Japanese engineering that went into Toyotas design. Not that I didnt appreciate it before, I just do so even more now, lol.

The front axle will be getting a full install using new gears and a master install kit as well, probably a week or two out from putting this one in the storage unit and bringing the front axle back to finish it's set-up.
Kewl...

And yeah... I can only imagine. lol I'll be re-gearing my buddies waggy 44 here pretty soon. Should be interesting... Will be my first non-toyota gear install.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #223
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Got gear marking compound today (GM1052351) from the GM dealer...they keep it in stock go figure...

Drive Side:

Coast:

Coast side is a little towards toe but acceptable. Edges are still "soft" so its not running off the inside of the ring gear with force.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #224
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
And one of my baby girl for the hell of it :

Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #225
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Got gear marking compound today (GM1052351) from the GM dealer...they keep it in stock go figure...

Drive Side:

Coast:

Coast side is a little towards toe but acceptable. Edges are still "soft" so its not running off the inside of the ring gear with force.
Nice, man. Good to know about the GM marking compound! Those patterns ain't too bad. Although I think you've got drive and coast backwards? Isn't drive the convex side and coast the concave side? And yeah, a little deep and favoring the toe on the drive (convex) side is desireable for strength.. Real quick, how did you apply a load on the gear set when rotating it to check the pattern? I wish the patterns were a bit more clear, but sometimes that's all you can get with used gears.. :\
Quote:
And one of my baby girl for the hell of it :

D'aaawwww
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #226
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice, man. Good to know about the GM marking compound! Those patterns ain't too bad. Although I think you've got drive and coast backwards? Isn't drive the convex side and coast the concave side? And yeah, a little deep and favoring the toe on the drive (convex) side is desireable for strength.. Real quick, how did you apply a load on the gear set when rotating it to check the pattern? I wish the patterns were a bit more clear, but sometimes that's all you can get with used gears.. :\

D'aaawwww

Yeah you're right I labeled them backwards, lol.

Pattern looks almost exactly like the first "Acceptable" pattern on page 3 of the randy's link i had posted...take a look, I am really surprised!

http://www.ringpinion.com/Content/Bo...h-Patterns.pdf

Coast side looks as if pinion may be a little close because of the flat bottom on the pattern, but the drive side is soft at all edges...I am gonna run it as is.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #227
Über Posre

Quote:
Yeah you're right I labeled them backwards, lol.

Pattern looks almost exactly like the first "Acceptable" pattern on page 3 of the randy's link i had posted...take a look, I am really surprised!

http://www.ringpinion.com/Content/Bo...h-Patterns.pdf

Coast side looks as if pinion may be a little close because of the flat bottom on the pattern, but the drive side is soft at all edges...I am gonna run it as is.
Nice, man... yeah, I say go for it. Looks pretty good to me.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #228
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
what a fail on my part for never subbing to this. . just awesome in every since of the word! . . look forward to the solid axle conversion!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #229
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
what a fail on my part for never subbing to this. . just awesome in every since of the word! . . look forward to the solid axle conversion!
Thanks! Finished building the rear axle this week...I will post up pics soon, may sling it under the truck just to get half of it on wheels again.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #230
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #231
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Quote:
best shirt ever.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #232
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
best shirt ever.
Thanks...it was a gift from Supra TT
Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #233
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Rear axle is done.

'80ish Ford Rear Dana 60

ARB RD35 Air locker
4.56 Gear (unknown brand)
35 Spline 4340 Chromo Shafts (Durasolid)
Great Lakes Offroad Disc Brake Conversion
Ballistic Fab 3/8" Pl. diff cover

Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #234
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! How much clearance do you think you will lose compared to stock?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #235
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
daaaamn
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #237
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Who cares how much clearance he lost...he can bash through whatever is in the way Haha jk...

But seriously. So looking forward to how rad this truck is gonna look and perform. Man it's gonna be siiiiick.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #238
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
nice man i like you build subed for my future sas wanna see how yours comes out i have a 44 king pin hi pinon going in the front of mine but im not gonna be going bigger than 35 maybe 37s
Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #239
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Nice! How much clearance do you think you will lose compared to stock?
Not as much as if I ran a shaved 14 bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
daaaamn
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Nice! Discs look painted!?

Not much ground clearance lost with the size tire that will be ran.
Yeah they had some surface rust on them and some red from the PO so I just shot them with the axle...it wont last long on there but will protect them while I finish the rest of the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Who cares how much clearance he lost...he can bash through whatever is in the way Haha jk...

But seriously. So looking forward to how rad this truck is gonna look and perform. Man it's gonna be siiiiick.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
nice man i like you build subed for my future sas wanna see how yours comes out i have a 44 king pin hi pinon going in the front of mine but im not gonna be going bigger than 35 maybe 37s
Go tons. Sell the 44 to a first gen owner. These trucks like tons
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #240
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd