Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 04-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #401
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
very clean
Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #402
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!! I bet you can't wait to try it out in a few years!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #403
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
So last week I ordered a shift boot off ebay, about the only one I could find all in black that I figured would work was for a Nissan 240z, cheap enough at $12.00 so I figured heck with it.
Stuck the boot through from the backside:

Made a few retainers from some aluminum strip...

Test fit

Added some #6 machine screws

Trimmed the excess material:

Then I trimmed off the excess machine screw shanks as well to clear the Tranny shift mechanism next to it.

I still have a rubber boot to install at the tunnel opening to seal from water and debris. It from an '62-'67 MGB
Old 05-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #404
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
are you not putting an FJ t-case in???
Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #405
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
are you not putting an FJ t-case in???
Nope. Never had the T-case actuator miss a beat on me. The only other advantage to the FJ case is twin sticking it and I dont really care if I have 2Lo or 2Lo-Lo

If the actuator ever goes you can manually shit the case from inderneith and if I can get an FJ case cheaper than an actuator I may upgrade then.

Factory Knob will still handle the 2WD-4WD shifting, and the factory case. The manual lever is H-N-L for the gear drive crawl box or 2Lo-Lo shift only.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #406
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Nope. Never had the T-case actuator miss a beat on me. The only other advantage to the FJ case is twin sticking it and I dont really care if I have 2Lo or 2Lo-Lo

If the actuator ever goes you can manually shit the case from inderneith and if I can get an FJ case cheaper than an actuator I may upgrade then.

Factory Knob will still handle the 2WD-4WD shifting, and the factory case. The manual lever is H-N-L for the gear drive crawl box or 2Lo-Lo shift only.
i thought about not going with the FJ case, but I miss the old school 4x4 shifter on the floor, its not the same with out it now

I like you though, have never had the actuator shit the bed, but I have a spare if I ever need too
Old 05-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #407
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I am gonna buy a spare off someone who goes with an FJ case
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #408
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot these pictures

Old 05-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #409
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Got a nice package in the mail too:

Johny joints for the lowers, 7/8" Heim upper, Flat pitman arm
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #410
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #411
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
The shiftier looks factory
Old 05-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #412
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
The shiftier looks factory
Thanks, it was a PITA but came out nicely.

Quote:

So here's the question...with how clean this came out should I run a factory Toyota knob now to keep low profile

Wifes sequioa (02) has the perfect knob and is just L-N-H like the inchworm knob...I will swap and post comparison pictures tonight.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #413
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
That would look clean your rig is far from a sleeper but at least in the cab it could be
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #414
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah...still rockin the IFS. I havent reached its limit yet. I originally wanted to SAC but this was easier for me at the time. Now I appreciate driving 1000 miles to go wheel and driving home. It makes you know your vehicle alot better not having a trailer!

1s time reading through this thread and I must say nice job! As for the quote above I have been saying that for a long time although I have towed mine in the past. Again great job!!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #415
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
ShaWING
Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #416
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That shifter is fucking PHAT!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #417
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
and then
Old 05-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #418
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I was told by a frog the other day if you spy enough on this thread that something new will appear
Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #419
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I was told by a frog the other day if you spy enough on this thread that something new will appear
Old 05-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #420
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
18 people, If we hit 50 I bet it will be driving on it's own