Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #501
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Damn those links serious! Beefy shit.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #502
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I almost pm'd you to see where in Indiana you are.. I drove through on 70 west and then 80 east. Would've been cool to see this thing in person.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #503
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Looks good. I almost pm'd you to see where in Indiana you are.. I drove through on 70 west and then 80 east. Would've been cool to see this thing in person.
Nothing special, just picture a dirty ass silver truck on jack stands
Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #504
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Nothing special, just picture a dirty ass silver truck on jack stands
Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #505
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Yeah that woulda been cool for sure. I am actually about 30 min south of 80 on the IN side of the IL/IN border. Maybe next time lol

I am sure we will cross paths on a trail sooner or later.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #506
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well after waiting just a touch over 12 weeks (after being told 4-6 wks when I ordered) I got a package from the man in brown yesterday:

Also got my springs:

Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #507
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Boing! Boing! Sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Also got my springs:

Boing! (Google it some weird stuff that I will not put on your build page comes up.)
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #509
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Back near post 132 I gave up on bringing my build thread to date and just started with the SAS updates. I get alot of questions about stuffing 37's with IFS so I will add an update from when I tubbed the fenderwells.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #510
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
OLD UPDATE FROM 5/2012

The beginnings of fitting the drivers side...

Removing everything from the wheel well:

So far it looks like battery is going to be relocated out back, and I may luck out at the firewall. If not the kick panel electronics will be relocated as well to allow firewall tubbing. It would be way worse, but the AP Long travel pushed the spindles forward 1". Only time will tell.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #511
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
OLD UPDATE CONT.

Almost done with surgery on the drivers side:

Drivers side complete. New wheel well welded in and seam-sealed. Slight set-back when welding on the outside of the firewall I had a small fire under the dash Luckily I had a fie extinguisher handy and nothing major burned up, some carpet, sound deadening and a few relays. Really just a big mess from the fire ext.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #512
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
OLD UPDATE CONT.

Finished up the passenger side, need to remount all the peripherals that were mounted to the wheelwell (abs pump, washer reservoir, PS reservoir, etc).

Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #513
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Sub'd Mark, not sure why it's taken so long to, i've been in here drooling before...
Thanks!

/End of thread jack from last years update lol
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #516
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
badass truck.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #517
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers side framerail is ready for plating:

Motor mount cracked along the bottom/backside:

Pass side framerail

Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #518
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't feel like grinding last night so I starting cutting the plates for the frame reinforcement and steering box mounts.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #519
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 06-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #520
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

OH LEWD JESUS, look at this old photo I found of your garage...