Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #41
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Thanks glad it found a good home

Finally (and slowly) working on this build thread, but I would rather be wheeling. Maybe I will take a break from the build progress and post some current pics after the trip this weekend!

Stay tuned!
Your rig has inspired a lot of mods for me. I love the cage and I will end up building one. That is why I have held off on a rear bumper for so long. I could sell it and make a flat bed which I would love. Make everything removable so nothing is permanent
Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #42
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
nice rig, i like how you wheel it. Thanks for the ato shackle flip kit. it's been working wonders
Mark is probably in the top 3 for people who actually wheel their 2nd gen the most.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Mark is probably in the top 3 for people who actually wheel their 2nd gen the most.
I love how wide 2nd Gens are. I had a 1st gen and it was a lot lighter. I will be building or have a cage built too. Would love not fucking up the bed
Old 07-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #44
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your rig has inspired a lot of mods for me. I love the cage and I will end up building one. That is why I have held off on a rear bumper for so long. I could sell it and make a flat bed which I would love. Make everything removable so nothing is permanent
Quote:
I love how wide 2nd Gens are. I had a 1st gen and it was a lot lighter. I will be building or have a cage built too. Would love not fucking up the bed
Thanks for the kind words! I originally wanted a first gen double cab and this was all I could find, but now I am soooooo glad I couldn't find the first gen.

(Ironically, my wife now drives a first gen double cab, so far the only mod is a full OME/nitrocharger/dakar kit)

Cages are really nice to have on the trail. Clear the cab past the obstacle, and lean into it knowing its all good
Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
sudamon is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: nik
sudamon's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, im jellous....
Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #46
Texas Taco

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Once my taco doesn't become my daily driver. Then a cage happens :beer:
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #47
Get a bite hippies
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
X2^!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #48
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
NwiTACO

Found in the Live thread
Old 07-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #49
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Found in the Live thread
Yeah lost a bead five minutes into the day on sat. I should have some good videos up in a day or two.

Major carnage this weekend...Eric toasted a passenger side shaft in his 9" rear, no mods went thru two passenger side tie-rods (one was my spare), snd I once again bent another two All-Pro cv shafts...
Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #50
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah lost a bead five minutes into the day on sat. I should have some good videos up in a day or two.

Major carnage this weekend...Eric toasted a passenger side shaft in his 9" rear, no mods went thru two passenger side tie-rods (one was my spare), snd I once again bent another two All-Pro cv shafts...
Damn, a destructive weekend I see. Saw Eric's shaft in his build thread looked nasty.

Those damn CV's don't hold for you very well. Have you thought about looking into using the ones Total Chaos supplies with their 2" kit? Might be a different Manufacturer, not sure tho.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #51
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
IF this next batch doesnt last I've had it with the whole damn kit. I think the problem is still that the inner binds out on full droop, which induces a bending moment in the shaft. Then with some torque, the bend accentuates and becomes a permanent distortion.

Last new shafts I got, I also got limit straps (which all-pro still says arent necessary) to solve this problem, but they are still in the box on the shelf. THey will be going on before the new axles go in.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #52
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
IF this next batch doesnt last I've had it with the whole damn kit. I think the problem is still that the inner binds out on full droop, which induces a bending moment in the shaft. Then with some torque, the bend accentuates and becomes a permanent distortion.

Last new shafts I got, I also got limit straps (which all-pro still says arent necessary) to solve this problem, but they are still in the box on the shelf. THey will be going on before the new axles go in.
Makes sense, so these shafts are shearing almost clean across then?

I've yet to break axles (but I don't go through alot of the stuff you do), but have even contemplated installing limit straps as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #53
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Makes sense, so these shafts are shearing almost clean across then?

I've yet to break axles (but I don't go through alot of the stuff you do), but have even contemplated installing limit straps as well.
The one that broke did. The three bent ones I have are just that...bent. No signs of a torsional failure at all (45° break). They are bent so much they rub the lower coil bucket on the shock, and wear a nice niche in it as well.

I am not really happy this morning to say the least. This will now be $1500 is shafts this kit has taken out...could had my crawl box by now.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #55
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
i like that bolt in cage you had on. was it custom made for a tundra?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #56
Texas Taco

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I am already putting money aside for the TC 2" LT kit. It just makes perfectly good sense. It's good too hear your feedback about AP
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #57
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Nice rig! I see it's been through quite the transformation. I plan on fabing up a flatbed in a month or so. How did you relocate your fuel cap/hose from sticking out? That seems to be an obstacle I can't figure out.

Thanks man.

Iadded a 90° to the whole assembly right where it exits the fuel tank, I willtry to snap a picture next time I have some things apart. but it rotated thewhole assembly to how you see it now, right out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian65oh View Post
i like that bolt in cage you had on. was it custom made for a tundra?

Itwas custom for a buddy's 01 tundra. I had to shorten it, add a few braces/mts.,and redrill the other mounts. Worked good though.

Quote:
I am already putting money aside for the TC 2" LT kit. It just makes perfectly good sense. It's good too hear your feedback about AP
Apparently I am the only one with this axle issue on the AP kit. I wouldn't say shy away from it or get the TC kit until I can determine why I am destroying axles. So far AP has been more than accomodating throught it all, even picking up the tab on some of the parts. They are getting to know me pretty well by now.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #58
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Iadded a 90° to the whole assembly right where it exits the fuel tank, I willtry to snap a picture next time I have some things apart. but it rotated thewhole assembly to how you see it now, right out of the way!

A couple close-up or detailed pics would be nice when you get a chance. And thank you very much for your help.

Edit: It's hard to tell from the pics you have posted. So thanks again.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #59
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
A few pics from this weekends trip to the Badlands:

Old 07-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #60
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
And some video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mreyQOMJYYo&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdIQtAZs4W0&feature=channel&list=UL