Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #61
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
That is some great video and photos there sir
Old 07-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #62
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
That is some great video and photos there sir
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #63
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
What are you bending all your toobing with?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #64
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Apparently I am the only one with this axle issue on the AP kit. I wouldn't say shy away from it or get the TC kit until I can determine why I am destroying axles. So far AP has been more than accomodating throught it all, even picking up the tab on some of the parts. They are getting to know me pretty well by now.

your not the only person, it was happening to someone else too, i think mx patriot or something..... ask in the LT bs thread. all i know is he ditched his kit and for TC or camburg, i believe he hasnt had the same problem since.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #65
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
your not the only person, it was happening to someone else too, i think mx patriot or something..... ask in the LT bs thread. all i know is he ditched his kit and for TC or camburg, i believe he hasnt had the same problem since.
MxPatroit is still running the AP kit up front? FixedTRD switched from AP to Camburg because he wanted full width but he's 2WD so it didn't matter. Cliff (OakleyTRD) switched as well to Camburg because he wanted full width don't think he ever had 4WD issues though (but he's not even on this site)

As far as I know Mark is the only one having issues like this with this kit. I know I haven't had issues with CV binding etc.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #66
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Iadded a 90° to the whole assembly right where it exits the fuel tank, I willtry to snap a picture next time I have some things apart. but it rotated thewhole assembly to how you see it now, right out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
A couple close-up or detailed pics would be nice when you get a chance. And thank you very much for your help.

Edit: It's hard to tell from the pics you have posted. So thanks again.
How are those pics coming along? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks man.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #67
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
What are you bending all your toobing with?
I have done all my work with the infamous Harbor Freight Tube Kinker...only I take my time and get some good results!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #68
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
MxPatroit is still running the AP kit up front? FixedTRD switched from AP to Camburg because he wanted full width but he's 2WD so it didn't matter. Cliff (OakleyTRD) switched as well to Camburg because he wanted full width don't think he ever had 4WD issues though (but he's not even on this site)

As far as I know Mark is the only one having issues like this with this kit. I know I haven't had issues with CV binding etc.
Limit straps will eliminate the issue. I have them and just need to install them. One thing is for sure, I will never go to a 3.5" over kit. Way to wide for the trails I do here in the midwest, that is the whole reason I went with the AP kit in the first place.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #69
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Cool deal, looking for a cheap way to bend some for my 82
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #70
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Cool deal, looking for a cheap way to bend some for my 82
HF all the way if you arent using it everyday or need the repeatability of an actual bender. It is by no means comparable to a JD2, but at less than 1/6th the price who cares. Can't argue with results!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #71
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Limit straps will eliminate the issue. I have them and just need to install them. One thing is for sure, I will never go to a 3.5" over kit. Way to wide for the trails I do here in the midwest, that is the whole reason I went with the AP kit in the first place.
Simple fix, I've thought about adding them to mine just so I feel better about it.

Nick been having troubles with the width of his truck on the trails now?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #72
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Simple fix, I've thought about adding them to mine just so I feel better about it.

Nick been having troubles with the width of his truck on the trails now?
Not neccessarily, but different lines for sure

I was really getting onto her (truck) last weekend so bad that he even commented..."now you're just being stupid" I thought...hell yeah I am.

But seriously look at the difference in this picture:

Old 07-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #73
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Not neccessarily, but different lines for sure

I was really getting onto her (truck) last weekend so bad that he even commented..."now you're just being stupid" I thought...hell yeah I am.

But seriously look at the difference in this picture:
Yeah that extra 1.5" Really makes a big difference then. Plus those Pitbulls are insanely wide themselves.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #74
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Bump..
Old 07-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #75
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Bump..
Something must be happening if you're bumping a build thread...
Old 07-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #76
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I almost bought another wheeler yesterday. Borrowed a truck, rented a trailor and drove 3.5 hrs each way...but passed on it.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #78
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont exist . It's cool.
I havent really had a chance yet to take anypictures that will show you anything (toolbox really blocks things) but if you are to that point in your bed build and really lost I guess I could snap some now, but you woont see much.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #79
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I havent really had a chance yet to take anypictures that will show you anything (toolbox really blocks things) but if you are to that point in your bed build and really lost I guess I could snap some now, but you woont see much.
no rush. Just makin sure u remembered
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #80
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Something must be happening if you're bumping a build thread...
He hasn't finished his thread, his truck is only 3/4ths complete on this thread!

Quote:
no rush. Just makin sure u remembered
It's his wife driving him insane so he forgets stuff