Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 03-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #1261
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude. Anodize those knobs black
Old 03-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #1262
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
What shift knobs are those?
Inchworm gear billet knobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Nice dude. Anodize those knobs black
That would be pretty slick...but I bet they would get hot in the summer!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #1263
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post

Not sure if anyone caught it, but at the base the levers cross over each other. I did this to get the 2wd-4wd lever on the left, to keep the H-N-L lever for the t-case and the crawl box in line on the right

Extra work but worth it!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #1265
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Magic
Old 03-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #1266
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I was thinking that when you posted the previous pic of the setup prior to installation. Thats pretty fricken sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Magic
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #1267
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man I just want to say thank you for all the advice on the rear leaf springs. The install went very smooth!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #1268
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Hey man I just want to say thank you for all the advice on the rear leaf springs. The install went very smooth!
No problem looks like it turned out nice!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #1269
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
20# Co2 Tank came in... little bigger than I thought lol

And it doesn't fit in my power tank aluminum bracket either so I need a new bracket now. 20# tank is 8" diameter, 10# and 15# are 7" diameter. Anyone want a deal on an aluminum powertank bracket? $30 shipped for the $40 bracket!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #1270
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
20# Co2 Tank came in... little bigger than I thought lol

And it doesn't fit in my power tank aluminum bracket either so I need a new bracket now. 20# tank is 8" diameter, 10# and 15# are 7" diameter. Anyone want a deal on an aluminum powertank bracket? $30 shipped for the $40 bracket!
Possibly! Let me check to ensure mine is small enough... lol Any pics?
Old 03-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #1271
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Possibly! Let me check to ensure mine is small enough... lol Any pics?
It fits the 7" diameter tanks. I will snap a few pics tonight. Its brand new still...been sitting on the shelf since last summer.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #1272
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what color to paint it Mark, I say black...
Old 03-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #1273
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Not sure what color to paint it Mark, I say black...
Bought Olive drab already Gonna match the new storage setup back there, it'll look good I promise. I didn't want the tank to get hot being black. That much pressure to begin with, then add a potential temp increase of 60° didn't seem like a good combo for me.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #1274
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well the window for applying for the UA has officially closed. The wait begins!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #1275
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
The shifter on the forward case looks like it could have been an easy mount to the t-case. Is it a strait shot as it looks or are there a bunch of bends below the trans tunnel?

An fj case is very high on my want to do list.

This truck has come a long way since I last saw it at wind rock.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #1276
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well the window for applying for the UA has officially closed. The wait begins!
I'd love to see this truck beaten hard on ua
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #1277
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The shifter on the forward case looks like it could have been an easy mount to the t-case. Is it a strait shot as it looks or are there a bunch of bends below the trans tunnel?

An fj case is very high on my want to do list.

This truck has come a long way since I last saw it at wind rock.
I clocked the crawler CW (most only clock the t-case) so the shifter was already "directed" to the side of the auto-trans shifter, but there's still a bend or two, but nothing like the twin sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I'd love to see this truck beaten hard on ua
I will represent for sure, you won't be disappointed if I get chosen!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #1278
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got a call today from Rick Pewe of Peterson's...didn't make the cut.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #1280
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Bummer... Sorry to hear Mark.
had to wait until someone bit...sorry it had to be you...but APRIL FOOLS!!!!

I am in the top 12...the Dirty Dozen!