LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Old 06-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Bulletproof Taco: 1 Ton SAC

Well several have asked for a build thread, and while I have one over on TTORA, I felt it is finally time to add one over here. Much of this will be copied over from my other build thread, but I need to catch up on a few years worth of work before we get to the present undertakings. Feel free to ask any questions you may have along my journey, lol!

Stay tuned!

As it sat before the latest teardown:

As it currently sits:

Current Specs:

'79 Ford Kingpin Dana 60 front axle with:
-Spartan Locker
-Motive 4.56 gears
-Yukon 35 spline Chromo Inners and Outers
-Brass Kingpin Bushings
-Longfield Spindle Bearing eliminator bushings
-Yukon Hardcore locking Hubs (chromo)
-Ballistic Fab shave kit

Custom 3-link front Solid axle conversion
-14" Fox RR coilovers
Hydro Assist using PSC ram

'80's Ford Dana 60 Rear Axle
-Arb locker
-35 spline chromo shafts
-Ballistic 3/8" diff cover

Inchworm Dual Cases

Edgestar Fridge/Freezer

Custom OBA setup using MV-50 compressor

Custom Tube bed

All work by me NwiFAB
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Truck started out life as a 2005 Tacoma DoubleCab Short Bed TRD sport.

Mods started late 2007 and thats where this will pick up. I will try to stick to mods/build items and only throw in an occasional wheeling pic or two

After a mild lift, some 285's, an All-Pro front and some 4x sliders she was lookin pretty good!

Thats the last time the truck ever looked that nice
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
The next day I did this:

And had to get off the trail like this:

Lesson learned the hard way, top mount shock spacer suck. They cause the shock to bottom out before you hit the bumpstops, and shock body and rod go bye-bye.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
So after that ordeal, I swapped out to some toytec coil spacers and kept wheeling. Minor carnage photos:

Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Chicago Toyota Jambo 2008 was my first time to the Cliffs:

Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Which led to this a few days later...first wheel bearing went out:

Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #7
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Somewhere near this time my brother did this to his '08 Taco:

He was ok, but the truck got totaled.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to make some tube doors for added visibilty so here are a few pics:

Put some Toyota latches on them to make opening/closing nice and easy:

To this day these are still the only set of 05+ tube doors ever made
Old 06-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
2009 April Fools Toyota Run in Harlan, KY:

My then gf now wife bought me the bumper off Kevin's truck...literally.

So when we got home...I added an armortech high-clearance rear (actually the first rear bumper Kevin @ ATO ever made!)

Old 06-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Figured I should beef up the skid plate department so I picked up some 3/16's plate and started on the front skid:

Made it wide to protect the alignment cams just like budbuilt does!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #11
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
A few pics from Wellsville Spring Fling 2009:

Old 06-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #12
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Next I decided my bumpstops needed some tuning as well and I picked these up for a good price, and shortened the stroke on them to 1 1/4" so they werent constantly in play with my LCA's:

Started cutting these off:

Then it looked like this:

And finally like this:

And ended up looking something like this:

Old 06-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #13
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, apparently I installed some used donahoes coiilovers and all-pro uppers sometime before this as well, oopsy.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #14
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Headed to Silver Lake MI for the weekend:

Saw this and was ubber jelly:

The chevy with us also did this:

Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #15
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery

This means I have to start a build thread now
Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post

This means I have to start a build thread now
I have been putting it off for so long now...and my TTORA thread has more BS in it thab Build...figured it was time
Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #17
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
going to leave this here for later
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
nice build! great truck! glad you upgraded the suspension
Old 06-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #19
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
nice build! great truck! glad you upgraded the suspension
You havent a clue...but thanks and stay tuned...this will be like a build in fast forward!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #20
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you finally started a build thread, truck looks awesome

Products Discussed in this Thread