Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

POST SOME PICTURES OF YOUR SAS TACOMA.....

Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
POST SOME PICTURES OF YOUR SAS TACOMA.....

Let Post some pictures of some SAS TACO's

2wd Sorry for the lack of Flex

All Shine Up. Chrome Lug Nuts Give You 10hp
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
so much want
Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
It's not much, but here is my pile of hell

2001 Tacoma Prerunner

Drivetrain

3.4 V6 with 140,000
1997 4Runner automatic transmission
Inchworm adapter with 79 gear driven case with 4.7

Front Axle

79 Toyota Pickup
4.56 gears and bearings
Spartan locker
79 FJ40 vented rotors
95 4Runner Calipers
Trail-Gear 2in wheel spacers
Trail-Gear chromolly hubs
Trail-Gear HD drive shaft

Trail-Gear diff guard and bracing

Rear Axle

Factory E-locker
4.56 gears and bearings

Front Suspension

Custom 3 link --> done by M.O.B.S. Fab
Wheel base stretched 1.5 inches
2 in, .25 wall DOM on the links
Trail-Gear 6 Shooter knuckles and high steer
Fox 12in Coilovers
Eibach 10in, 250lb top coil
Eibach 14in, 350lb bottom coil

Rear Suspension

Stock springs with three leafs out of another Toyota leaf pack, cut to length
2 inch Toytec Shackles with new bushings
12in Fox 2.0

Tires

33x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
15x8 Eagle Alloy's

Armor

All work also done by M.O.B.S. Fab
Bumpers, front and rear
Sliders
Full under belly skid

Lighting/Electronics

Custom retrofit HID swap (done by me) with 5K bulbs
Swap the Hella 75FF in the front bumper to 5K HID's
Dash and panel swap to blue LED's
White LED's in the map and dome lights
LED's in the front corners
LED tail, reverse and turn signals
7in LCD in dash screen
8,000lb Smittybilt winch
12 Volt Guy winch control

Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
Very Clean build.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
My previous truck

Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
randombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nice
Army: A 3/43 ADA
randombob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to randombob
Most recent:

Love my SAS as it makes the truck so much more capable. But I have to admit, Has made off-roading locally a lot less fun :-( Nothing around here is challenging unless I specifically want to roll it over on its side for yucks!

Plus I have so FEEWWWW flex shots, poser or otherwise. Usually end up wheeling in small groups or — GASP! — with just me and my girl and dogs! have yet to get the dogs to understand proper exposure settings & framing. They keep giving me back overexposed garbage shots with half the truck out of frame ;-)
Old 08-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombob View Post
Most recent:

Love my SAS as it makes the truck so much more capable. But I have to admit, Has made off-roading locally a lot less fun :-( Nothing around here is challenging unless I specifically want to roll it over on its side for yucks!

Plus I have so FEEWWWW flex shots, poser or otherwise. Usually end up wheeling in small groups or — GASP! — with just me and my girl and dogs! have yet to get the dogs to understand proper exposure settings & framing. They keep giving me back overexposed garbage shots with half the truck out of frame ;-)
Looks great man. Do your tires rub at all on your fenders?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
randombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Looks great man. Do your tires rub at all on your fenders?
Front no rub, rear rubs a touch under full compression. I trimmed away the metal snaggies at the front of the rear wheel well, then hammered what was left -- just enough for the fender flares to bolt up to -- and have pretty much let the tires to gently push out the tight spots over time. Small rub marks on the flares is all I get now.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
Note that the rear setup I have moves the centering pin forward so that the tire comes up centered when compressed instead of way to the rear like stock
Old 08-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good set-up then. Looks sweet man I really like it.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Most recent:

I really like this rig! It's built right, plus there is just something about about the doublecabs that get the blood pumping
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
I really like this rig! It's built right, plus there is just something about about the doublecabs that get the blood pumping
Thanks for the kudos. I'm thrilled with it as well, gets me everywhere I could conceive of going with everyone in tow and all our gear.

Sure there are better "built" rigs out there that can wheel harder... But, none that can DD like mine AND/or get to and from with enough room for 2 peeps, two large dogs and everything we need for a week
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
Quote:
Sure there are better "built" rigs out there that can wheel harder... But, none that can DD like mine AND/or get to and from with enough room for 2 peeps, two large dogs and everything we need for a week
That's the only thing I don't like about mine... the Xtra cab just doesn't have enough room for everything/people.

Your leaf sprung right? How are you liking the setup?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
Yeah leaf all around. I can't complain. Yeah coil over & link would technically wheel harder... But how much so and at what additional cost?

I can wheel pretty damned hard still (PICS!!) and have a reliable SAS for much less.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Leafs FTW!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
As far as wheeling harder idk, I give the leaf sprung rigs a lot more credit than some... I have seen a lot of leaf sprung that will do a damn good job. My buddies SASed 95 4runner has Trail-Gear leafs from and rear and it rides pretty good. I only went with a 3 link because my fab guy said that he could do a linked setup cheaper than a leaf spring. That's primarily because My front bumper caused an issue, along with a few other things. My 3 link is very stable on and off road, but I like the leaf set up... a lot less to go wrong...
Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
If I had nothing but cash, I would do coilovers/link on one-tons for sure, on 40"+ probably 😊. But I had to draw the line. Wanted SAS for off road but reliable and affordable. I work too damned much to do all the hunting and crap. This works.

Links are awesome. More flex potential for sure. And hell if you got them for less? You da man!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
Yeah that was the other issue with coilover/link. What could/would not go wrong and future replacement costs. I can order springs no problem, only a few bolts... So damned simple!