LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

missing parts

Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
missing parts

im doing an sas and am in the need for a new front axle, and rear leaf springs, where i can get these for a decent price? i dont mind used stuff either. i found someone with a 90 4runner thats being parted out, would it fit on my 98?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotanation29 View Post
im doing an sas and am in the need for a new front axle, and rear leaf springs, where i can get these for a decent price? i dont mind used stuff either. i found someone with a 90 4runner thats being parted out, would it fit on my 98?

are you running toyota axle for your swap or what..... The rear leafs i would go to a junk yard and pull chevy 63 best bang for your buck then go to ruff stuff and order the CHEVY TO TOYOTA spring kit. Thats your rear end. 90 4runners i believe are coiled in the rear. 90 4 runner arnt straight axle either....???? Not sure what you would use off of it but if you need something grab it i guess
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Op has many hours of research left. If people are asking what will work they haven't done enough research. Go read every thread on TTORA and Pirate4x4 twice and then make your decision.

A 90 4runner has the same suspension as you. There is no SA. Why are you even doing a SAS anyway?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Cuz its the new fad
Old 06-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
whats your budget op?

and since a solid axel front is custom... you can put anything you want under it, technically.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Is the SAS group that tight nit that they don't want to help out by answering questions? Couldn't you just simply answer the question instead of just telling people to do more research? What the hell do you think this person is doing by asking the fucking question? When you read through all of the other threads explaining how to do this it is very informative no doubt but you can simply get lost and confused by the abundance of info, its over whelming. You talk about not wanting people to have bad info but more often than not you respond with do your research. No doubt you know your stuff and have a very well built truck but damn man. The first time you built a truck did you not have questions? I know damned good and well that you didn't read through threads and have all of your questions answered without asking some yourself.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Is the SAS group that tight nit that they don't want to help out by answering questions? Couldn't you just simply answer the question instead of just telling people to do more research? What the hell do you think this person is doing by asking the fucking question? When you read through all of the other threads explaining how to do this it is very informative no doubt but you can simply get lost and confused by the abundance of info, its over whelming. You talk about not wanting people to have bad info but more often than not you respond with do your research. No doubt you know your stuff and have a very well built truck but damn man. The first time you built a truck did you not have questions? I know damned good and well that you didn't read through threads and have all of your questions answered without asking some yourself.
Because he (SupraTT) did research and then asked educated questions, not dumbfuck ones. Just like if someone asked what 2 plus 2 was...there is a certain level of knowledge expected of an individual before deciding to go in a certain direction with a build, and obviusly the OP has not yet reached that level of knowledge. Reading or researching for five minutes would enlighten him as to how dumb of a question he asked. And why he got the response he did.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
When you don't know you ask. Since when is that a crime? And who determines what is a dumbfuck question (You?) When what you decide someone has asked a "dumbfuck" question why not simply answer them and point them in a better direction? Its doesn't take that much longer to type a helpful response than the ones you post. Lazy?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time
erisman33 is on a distinguished road

erisman33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you don't know you ask. Since when is that a crime? And who determines what is a dumbfuck question (You?) When what you decide someone has asked a "dumbfuck" question why not simply answer them and point them in a better direction? Its doesn't take that much longer to type a helpful response than the ones you post. Lazy?
Throw a question my way and i'll try to answer it. I've spent lots of time trying to.a budget build on my.tacoma. Direct question are better than general question because you'll have 10 different ways and answer when asking general question.......

Alot of good and useful information is on pirate unDder tacoma and also pickup and 4 runners.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what was done. The most helpful response. Search pirate and TTORA. You mad bro?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I wasn't really trying to be mean. And I was helping him. I spent 4 weeks straight every day after school 5-8 hours a day reading the forums. The ENTIRE month of January I spent reading. I did ask questions, here and there that I couldn't find specific answers to. But I did research. Even to this day I ask questions...

These aren't lazy responses, we spent over 100 hours researching and learning information that may not be helpful, and may be helpful. It's time others do there fair share of reading. The best answer we can give you is to research.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I wasn't really trying to be mean. And I was helping him. I spent 4 weeks straight every day after school 5-8 hours a day reading the forums. The ENTIRE month of January I spent reading. I did ask questions, here and there that I couldn't find specific answers to. But I did research. Even to this day I ask questions...

These aren't lazy responses, we spent over 100 hours researching and learning information that may not be helpful, and may be helpful. It's time others do there fair share of reading. The best answer we can give you is to research.
Shit we've done over 40 hrs of research just on Supras full hydro steering alone, and we havent even asked a single question yet. The answers are out there....the lazy thing is not to search and expect everyone to just give you the answers.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by erisman33 View Post
Throw a question my way and i'll try to answer it. I've spent lots of time trying to.a budget build on my.tacoma. Direct question are better than general question because you'll have 10 different ways and answer when asking general question.......

Alot of good and useful information is on pirate unDder tacoma and also pickup and 4 runners.
No doubt. I wasn't directing that at you.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
SupraTT:
I know for a fact because your truck proves it that you do your research and are one of the better people to answer questions about a SAS. When I frequented Chevelle forums and asked the same old questions about things I felt were novice I would still answer them simply because I was in his/her shoes before and even thought the info is out there it is often times hard to find and even harder to understand because its not always your exact vehicle you are reading up on. So when I came across a member asking a question I posted a link to help them learn and gave them the answer in a simplified way. It left them needing more info yet that to was provided in the link I had provided. This is also the Internet and written words are easy to read yet sometimes hard to interpret.

I have been in these people shoes before and it is frustrating because I know I do alot of reading (my job allows lots of free time) forums yet I feel even more so lost afterwards, because we all know not everything on the internet is true and that in itself guarantees questions. You have made a great list of parts however I don't know exactly which parts I would need for my own build, the best write ups aren't done on a vehicle such as mine as is likely the case for others.

Nwitaco:
Na not mad, also not a bro.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Op, to find a front axle, best place to look is on craigslist. They have many used axles. Also, leaf springs. Go with the 63" chevy leaf spring swap. You can find these springs at a junk yard or craigslist as well. For the leaf springs all you need is the rear springs off an 88-2010+ 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton Chevy or GMC truck
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The irony in this statement is if no one asked questions, what would your research stem from...

I'm surprised you didn't link your sticky.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The irony in this statement is if no one asked questions, what would your research stem from...

I'm surprised you didn't link your sticky.
It is ironic. However, people wouldn't be saying "research more" if this was the first SAS done .

I would like my sticky, but it's in this section and not much he asked would be answered.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #18
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is ironic. However, people wouldn't be saying "research more" if this was the first SAS done .

I would like my sticky, but it's in this section and not much he asked would be answered.
What would be learned from SupraTT...drop your truck off and ask for a SAS. Drop your truck off and ask for a cage. Find someone to fix it all when you get it back
Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds about right!! It's a lot of info and a lot of it is different so it gets extremely confusing
Old 06-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
What would be learned from SupraTT...drop your truck off and ask for a SAS. Drop your truck off and ask for a cage. Find someone to fix it all when you get it back
You laugh now, but you're the unlucky soul that gets to fix it