Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Looking for an offload toy

Old 07-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
Cherokee or Samurai are probably your cheapest option, cherokee has a huge aftermarket idk about samurai but try and find a AMC 4.0 for the cherokee i think its either pre 91 or 90 they pretty tough motors
Old 07-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Get an "I heart jeeps" sticker and put it on his truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckel7234 View Post
Cherokee or Samurai are probably your cheapest option, cherokee has a huge aftermarket idk about samurai but try and find a AMC 4.0 for the cherokee i think its either pre 91 or 90 they pretty tough motors
Thanks man!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #23
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Jeeps are so... Yeah.

Jeeps are absolutely awesome plaing around in the dirt at low to moderate speeds, and can climb anything and is pretty damn strong if you arent trying to break shit..I bought a 1997 Wrangler sport for off road and its amazing, love it, on the street it is horrible since I have it set up for off road.

Find a samuri or toyota!
Samurais seem to fetch quite a bit of cash, and then there is the issue of weak components and a 1.3L motor (wwweeeeaaaakkkkk).

I would love to have a Samurai with a Toyota drivetrain, thats whats up, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
I heard the jeep thing makes it burn when you pee
Only at first, I can barely tell anymore, lol..

Honestly your best bang for the buck by far would be a Cherokee, very inexpensive (less than wranglers generally speaking) and TONS of aftermarket, and even used aftermarket parts are very easy to find, since a lot of Jeep stuff is interchangeable..
Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Samurais seem to fetch quite a bit of cash, and then there is the issue of weak components and a 1.3L motor (wwweeeeaaaakkkkk).

I would love to have a Samurai with a Toyota drivetrain, thats whats up, lol.

Only at first, I can barely tell anymore, lol..

Honestly your best bang for the buck by far would be a Cherokee, very inexpensive (less than wranglers generally speaking) and TONS of aftermarket, and even used aftermarket parts are very easy to find, since a lot of Jeep stuff is interchangeable..
Now I just need to find one!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #25
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
Heap TJ 1997 to 2006 - get the 4.0 straight 6, manual - great aftermarket IMO
Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #26

Let it be known that this isn't going to be a "pretty" truck I'm going to wheel the living piss out of it
Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
You want cheap? Get a 92-95 YJ (1st few years with the YJ weren't rearl good) with the 4cyl and 5 spd and don't go any bigger than 31's. That thing will live a long time like that. The AX5 trans and the Dana 35 rear are the biggest downfalls but will hold up to mild wheeling.

XJ, FJ60/FJ62, 79-85 Hilux are good choices if you don't want the open air thing.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
There's not much you can go wrong with, since you don't mind beating the shit out of it. Both old Jeeps and old Toyota pickups have a big aftermarket. I would love a samurai, all the ones out here I've seen run less than 5k, however I would need it to be street legal, and most of them are green sticker only. You'll also want to look into that, are you prepared to buy a trailer and tow straps to tow your trail rig if necessary?
I own 3 trailers I'm fine with that