LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Trail Gear or All Pro SAS kit

Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
man i shoulda lookied into this tread sooner b4 posting mine lol but got the 11' edition trd will be a DD.. suggestions on which to go with??
These kits aren't for 2nd Gen Tacomas...no such kit exisits for 05+...Plus you don't want to put Leafs on the front of 05+ if you're going to SAS it
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
well that blows lol. im looking for a way to fit 40's any ideas?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well that blows lol. im looking for a way to fit 40's any ideas?

Just trying to go SEMA truck style with your Taco or do you do trail runs and rock crawling?

40's are huge for a Tacoma (only Wyatt and Oldskool are running them that I know of both trucks are SAS and used for the purpose they were built for)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
yea im more sema but i aint scared to mud bog it either. im building a crawler right now out of a 83' pickup but just trying to get that show truck look with the newer taco
Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea im more sema but i aint scared to mud bog it either. im building a crawler right now out of a 83' pickup but just trying to get that show truck look with the newer taco
But it will also be your DD? A SEMA inspired show truck on 40's isnt really a DD...?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #26
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Well if you're already building a crawler, just leave the Tacoma with a 3" lift, as getting 40" on a 2nd Gen is either going to be expensive (done right) especially if you have a shop do it or sketchy and done wrong.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah DD a 2nd gen with 40s will cost you well over 10 Grand..
Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
no
Dude. Trail-Gear steals all thier designs from allpro and gets their stuff made in china.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #29
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Yeah DD a 2nd gen with 40s will cost you well over 10 Grand..
That includes the lefty crawler right?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #30
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Dude. Trail-Gear steals all thier designs from allpro and gets their stuff made in china.
Im made in China and Trail Gear fed me, are you going to stop talking to me?
Old 07-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #31
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Im made in China and Trail Gear fed me, are you going to stop talking to me?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #32
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
That includes the lefty crawler right?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #33
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
We were indeed the first company to offer SAS kits for Toyotas, all made in the USA, except Toyota OEM products from Japan. We do offer a 2nd gen Taco/FJ Cruiser kit - we just don't advertise it. We've done 4 swaps ourselves and sold probably a dozen or so "kits" that are similar to our 1st gen Taco Supreme kit using coilovers and a 3 link system with panhard.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #34
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

What comes with your 2nd gen kit? I'd like to see a parts list...
Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #36
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
for me to get all of this done with all of the all pro gear what would it run me out the door labor parts the whole shebang?

this truck is also my daily driver so i'm looking for something thats going to be reliable once its all sorted out.
If you brought it into all pro to have them install everything?

I would guess AT LEAST 15k.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #38
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I am not sure about All pro's kit. I am waiting to see a parts list they include.

You can DD it down the road just fine. If you truely take your time and do everything right the first time. It can be done fund efficient.

What would you be looking to do with the truck? Rock crawling, 40s? What size tire and terrain?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #39
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i live on the east coast so i couldn't get to all pro even if i wanted to. i have been giving this some thought and wanted a ball park price i figured over 10k but, wasn't sure.

also is this type of setup streetable or is it going to be a nightmare going down the road?
Quote:
If you brought it into all pro to have them install everything?

I would guess AT LEAST 15k.

Price the All Pro kit and also price it individually. I had right at $8300 in my 3 link. My truck is a first gen so I had a couple odds and ends that you would have to get, oil pan, etc (if I'm not mistaken). Granted I still need to get my chromo axles ($900 worst case), but I also did things that weren't necessary. Just do your h/w and see where it leads you.

There's a price list on my build if you want to see it all laid out.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #40
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not sure about All pro's kit. I am waiting to see a parts list they include.

You can DD it down the road just fine. If you truely take your time and do everything right the first time. It can be done fund efficient.

What would you be looking to do with the truck? Rock crawling, 40s? What size tire and terrain?

probably 36" ss irocs not really to much bigger than what i have now on the truck. the goal is to get a ton of flex and articulation but, keep a relatively low center of gravity right? i'm not going for a look here or anything just something to be proud of but, something i can dd without much drama and something fun on the trail that makes things easier on me the driver.

i don't think i'll ever really be on the rocks as a choice of terrain to play on as it always makes me pucker every time i have done it in my own truck which i admit is not very often

i could give a paragraph about retrofitting a set of headlights :/ this is well out of my depth mechanically speaking so i'm not even sure if i'm asking the right questions. i would like to begin to understand these swaps much more than i do now but, alas i feel lost even after the reading :/