Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

straight axle taco?? 05+

Old 07-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #21
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't all-pro offer an SAS kit for the 2nd Gens? It's not on their website but I think I read somewhere you have to call them for the pricing and whatnot. SAS is a serious task to undertake so give it some thought on what you want to use the truck for before you start pulling the trigger. For most folks 4x4 needs the IFS is fine. If done right it can be sick (like Wyatt's Beast!) but can be a very bad idea if you go into it not knowing every detail of what you need to do. Either way though....good luck...I look forward to the build if you do it! Keep us updated OP!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Doesn't all-pro offer an SAS kit for the 2nd Gens? It's not on their website but I think I read somewhere you have to call them for the pricing and whatnot. SAS is a serious task to undertake so give it some thought on what you want to use the truck for before you start pulling the trigger. For most folks 4x4 needs the IFS is fine. If done right it can be sick (like Wyatt's Beast!) but can be a very bad idea if you go into it not knowing every detail of what you need to do. Either way though....good luck...I look forward to the build if you do it! Keep us updated OP!
No, they don't. No one does
Old 07-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #23
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
i love these conversations...lol....i truly would love some tons under my rig but not for a couple years....
OP-what is your use with truck? do you rock crawl,expedition,highspeed,or just like your truck and wanna go to shows? this will help you figure out what you need

for example...i drive my truck in a expedition manner with some pretty serious crawling mixed in....so i will be doing 4.56's with and arb in rear first,then ill be working on a fj case/twin stick with 4.7 upgrade,and stonger custom driveshafts.....and i already have all armor and bumpers.....build what you have that youll keep before you tear apart your front end.....also ill be adding a 1in bodylift and either cutting my fenders or getting allpro front glass.....lots of work to make an incredible machine before you sas...theres so much to go over and discuss and options,like leafs or coils...this alone is a 2k+ difference in price minimum...
so like i said whats your purpose with truck?

btw: read eric and wyatt build threads in full they have both done it and know there shit(ive read them 2x on more then just this forum) there not tryin to be negative just realistic..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
im sure wyatt would collect a kit for someone... for the right price
Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Newman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Newman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
Im no newbe when it comes to toyota ive owned 5 tacomas but im looking to see if anyone has tried the straight axle conversion on the newer models an if so could u include where u got it
It's not that difficult, just use internet resources to determine the parts you need and take your time to find good deals.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Hah, guess they do make one but no information on it and it's not on their site, just gotta email them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
It's not that difficult, just use internet resources to determine the parts you need and take your time to find good deals.
While it's "not all that difficult" collecting part's wont do you shit. I learned that. Where are you going to store your truck to cut it up and let it sit for 1- 50 months? Do you have all the tools to do the swap? There is more to be asked but I'm not one to continue asking
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #28
Newman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant future

Newman's Tacoma Gallery
Some people have these peculiar little things called garages. Personally, yes I have all the tools.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #29
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #30
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
Some people have these peculiar little things called garages. Personally, yes I have all the tools.
Some people. I was just saying in general, not everyone has the goods they need to do a sas.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Someone pass the popcorn
Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
To the OP and anyone else...I will be offering frame end link brackets for sale for anyone wanting to swap their second gen. They are ubber beef.

Drivers side:

Drivers side (never took a pic fully welded):

Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #33
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Those look pretty good Mark.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #35
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
There is so much internal to those brackets you wouldn't believe it. Check my build thread in my sig for the details and plenty of finished pics of the truck and wheeling pics.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #36
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about making mine, I have a hand plasma... then I thought about how long it would take and how annoyed I would be and I decided I'd just spend several hundred dollars buying brackets instead.

You can't win. Barnes4wd has the best prices though, just FYI.

Those are some sweet link mounts though Mark.

Personally on my FJ80 I went into it knowing it'd be taking up the garage for however many months it takes. I also didn't really set a budget, it costs what it costs and I'm fine with that. I don't know that there is anything about this that is cheap. I've spent serious money and then I've also just been nickled and dimed to death. Bolts, safety washers, stupid things.

Then there's the matter of tools... 220v welder, torch, angle grinder, and on and on and on.

Then there's knowing how, and there is a lot to it, and I'm constantly learning more as I go.

Not cheap, nor easy.

edit: WTF old thread, why you on front page???
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #37
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Sent out a set of these brackets about a month ago

Along with some other SAS goodies: