Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

solid axel death wobble ?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
mt sas is on a distinguished road
mt sas's Tacoma Gallery
solid axel death wobble ?

I have a Toyota axel up front wth leaf springs I have replaced bushings and sleeves . all steering parts are tight wheels are balanced gettn wobble around thirty five mph . any ideas ? thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Check all your bolts to make sure they are tight. What condition are the trunnion and wheel bearings in?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
What kinda tires you runnin?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
mt sas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Check all your bolts to make sure they are tight. What condition are the trunnion and wheel bearings in?
I replaced the long side burfield a couple months ago wheel bearing was good then I will get it off the ground and check bolth thanks !
Old 02-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
mt sas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
What kinda tires you runnin?
I switch between 32x11.50 maxxis and 33x12.50 xterrains depending on what kind of wheeling im doing its been doin it with bolth
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
How much caster and toe are you running?

Caster is difficult to adjust with leaf springs but can make a big difference with steering wobble.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
trooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Spencer
trooper12's Tacoma Gallery
I would also check your bj's, tie rod ends, and the pitman arm. Those could cause DW
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper12 View Post
I would also check your bj's, tie rod ends, and the pitman arm. Those could cause DW
no ball joints on a toyota axle
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #10
trooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Spencer
trooper12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
no ball joints on a toyota axle
really? did not know that, what is used instead?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
knuckle balls
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #12
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Mud in rims?
Wieghts feel off rim?
Wieghts fell of drive shaft?
If you dont get a nasty rubbing or squeeling sound I would check these first.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #13
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
How's the ware on your tire? Tie rod in order? all TRE are good and greased? Check ALL bolts making sure they're all tight. My steering box was loose and it caused DW around 50mph on my rig...wheel balanced?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #14
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper12 View Post
really? did not know that, what is used instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
knuckle balls
^^^Wrong. Trunnion bearings are used. It is more similar to a kingping axle than a ball joint axle.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #15
mt sas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
How's the ware on your tire? Tie rod in order? all TRE are good and greased? Check ALL bolts making sure they're all tight. My steering box was loose and it caused DW around 50mph on my rig...wheel balanced?
ive got a trail gear highsteer set up thats 6months old every thing externally is tight and all isgreased i will check out my steering box tonight thanks bighorns have 5000 miles on em xterrains are hammerd does it with bolth
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
mt sas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Mud in rims?
Wieghts feel off rim?
Wieghts fell of drive shaft?
If you dont get a nasty rubbing or squeeling sound I would check these first.
all is good front driveshaf is perfect
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt sas View Post
ive got a trail gear highsteer set up thats 6months old every thing externally is tight and all isgreased i will check out my steering box tonight thanks bighorns have 5000 miles on em xterrains are hammerd does it with bolth
when i bent my tie rod wheeling aprx 500mi from home, the drive back wore my fronts out badly. I got DW from it. My steering box caused it the first time tho, after I had fawked with the suspension and lifted it. Also check your drag link. make sure nothing is bent. SFA w/leafs is stupid simple usually..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
^^^Wrong. Trunnion bearings are used. It is more similar to a kingping axle than a ball joint axle.
Yeah totally uses trunnion bearings on a c knuckle
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Yeah totally uses trunnion bearings on a c knuckle
It uses trunion bearings on the knuckle ball. But the force is on a bearing not a ball joint. The knuckle ball does nothing except enclose the birfield so it can run encased in grease instead of open to the elements. Otherwise it acts as the "C knuckle".
Old 02-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #20
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt sas View Post
Did you get an alignment done after the SAS install? What were the numbers?