Notices

01 tacoma 2.7

Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
01 taco
Newbiegeneral is on a distinguished road
Name: randon
Newbiegeneral's Tacoma Gallery
01 tacoma 2.7

Alright i have a base taco, and plan on getting a lifted jeep xj that needs a tranny. However is it possible to swap the jeep axles and wheels over to the taco? Can anyone help me with this?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
01 taco
I should say what will it taketo put the jeep axles under my yota, simple just cut it off the jeep and weld it on to my yota with minor modsto work correct?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
It's a long process man. Follow this link and do some research. It's alot more work than just cutting off your jeep and welding it to the toyota... haha

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102614
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiegeneral View Post
I should say what will it taketo put the jeep axles under my yota, simple just cut it off the jeep and weld it on to my yota with minor modsto work correct?
If it were that easy then you would see more solid axle Toyotas
Old 08-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
01 taco
Actually found a thread where a guy did it, took jeep axles and what not and put them in a yota. Having this done at shop. Did a tonof research and see dana 60 or waggy 44's nothing like stock cherokee axles for weekend warrior stuff nothing insane right now
Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiegeneral View Post
Actually found a thread where a guy did it, took jeep axles and what not and put them in a yota. Having this done at shop. Did a tonof research and see dana 60 or waggy 44's nothing like stock cherokee axles for weekend warrior stuff nothing insane right now
If all you're doing is weekend warrior stuff, keep the Taco like it is. No sense wasting all that effort for such little gain.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
01 taco
Well i take it places id rather have it straight axled, my question is, tacoma on dana 30 and 35 with 35's and not being throttle happy how will she hold up
Old 08-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Leave the jeep axles where they belong... under the Jeep.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #9
01 taco
I am found a ram 1500 gonna go that route
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So you're using an older ram now instead of the toyota? Or putting jeep axles under the ram, which is it
Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
So you're using an older ram now instead of the toyota? Or putting jeep axles under the ram, which is it
Probably bought the Ram 1500 thinking it would be a better wheeler since it has a solid axle STOCK! When in reality they don't make a good wheeler
Old 08-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
SoCalXD is on a distinguished road
Army: MP, Combat Medic 101st/502nd
Name: Adam
SoCalXD's Tacoma Gallery
People due the craziest things!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
01 taco
Haha no the ram has 44s im planning on stealing those out of it. Then taking my time to collect parts. Would a cj dana 44 go right under without needing shortened?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I thought you had ram axles for it! CJ's came with Dana 30s...
Old 08-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Yes possible but why would you want a d30/5 not sure what they have In the front but its weak. Look for a waggy 44. The rear 8.25 is far weaker than your 8" 3rd member. I just got my axles from a D250 Dana 60 F&R geared to 5:88.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #16
01 taco
Okay picking up a dana 44 waggy. Flat knuckling it with hysteer. 4:10's and new joints. Then installing shackles and some chevy leafs upfront for starters to see where it will stand. From there doing the ifs steering and possibly hydro assist as well.

What shackle brackets and front crossmember would you go with or just fab my own cross member for the front?
Old 04-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #17
01 taco
Decided on sky offroad front member and shackles and mounts plus the hoops. So at about 4-500 for brackets. Need to see if 63 chevys will give me 3-4 inches. Then rebuilding the 44 new spicers, gears and unsure of what to due with knuckles for highsteer? And clocking it( how many degrees.