Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Addicted Offroad's Double Cab. Project "Frenchy"

Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #41
AddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud of
AddictedOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
We will be testing lift height and shackle angles here in a few.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #42
AddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomakev View Post
Thats the best you guys at Addicted can do!! I bet you cant do that to my 06 access cab. In fact Im sure of it. Ill drive my truck down from Canada! But if you want to make an example of me by SACing my truck, then I will eat crow and look the fool. But just in case.
That is looking great
It is crazy how you guys lowered the ride height by notching that front piece of frame for the frenchy.
Just awesome!
I'll bet we can.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
Front is done minus the steering box. We're waiting on a flat pitman arm prior to messing with it.

Rear frenched hangers are being installed today as well.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #44
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
That just looks great. Simple and functional. Very clean. Awesome work!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #47
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Once I graduate school in 2 or 3 years, I'm driving my truck to your shop as a graduation present to myself. I'm always amazed by your work.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #48
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedOffroad View Post
Axle is hung
Did Axle's girlfriend tell you that?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #50
we plated the frame on the inside of each frame rail as well as the front section of the outside in front of the body mount. Its not going anywhere.

I hate taking pics without cleaning the welds up as they look like ass otherwise, but this will give you the idea.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #51
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
can't wait to see how the ride height turns out
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #52
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to see how this truck turns out too, just found out yesterday that i've been working with the guy whos truck this is....What a small world!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #53
So, here are some pics with tires on it. The axles are sitting on jack stands. Tire is off the ground 1" and I would take out another 1" for tire squat. Frame height is 25.5" roughly. So, with 33s it should be 23.5".

Add 2" of height for 37s and it would be 25.5". And, it hasn't settled yet.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #54
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
man thats slick...... id love mine to sit low like that..... ideas........
Old 09-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #55
Tacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to all

Name: Tyler
Tacokid11's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to do this to my truck, keep it nice and low and clean. Can't wait to get out of school...
Old 09-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #56
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
man thats slick...... id love mine to sit low like that..... ideas........
DO IT!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
Got the rear buttoned up. 5.29s installed in the rear diff with a solid pinion spacer. Set pinion angle. Just need some shorter shocks for the rear to come in to get them mounted.

Radiator will be here on Tuesday too.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #58
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
This must be close to being done
Old 10-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #59
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I love this idea! Although it looks like the spring might possibly hit the corner of the mount under full compression. Maybe not?
Attached Thumbnails
Addicted Offroad's Double Cab. Project "Frenchy"-uploadfromtaptalk1380822252684.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
I love this idea! Although it looks like the spring might possibly hit the corner of the mount under full compression. Maybe not?
It will be close but there should be clearance at full stuff.