Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Starting my SAS tomorrow on my 97 :)

Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #81
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like money well spent though man. You won't regret building the axle stronger. Now you'll want to put some 37's on that bitch!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #82
im gooby is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnathan
im gooby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Sounds like money well spent though man. You won't regret building the axle stronger. Now you'll want to put some 37's on that bitch!
Gonna let the 35's burn off first haha. the thought was "were gonna have it apart anyway, lets do it once the right way" lol
Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #83
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by im gooby View Post
Gonna let the 35's burn off first haha. the thought was "were gonna have it apart anyway, lets do it once instead of 2 or 3 times" lol
Yup that's the right way.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #84
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Yup that's the right way.
Can't tell if sarcasm or not-_-

But that's what I'm aiming for haha
Old 12-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #85
Still waiting for parts. Update on the list:
$1500 for axles
$2000 for labour/parts to install
$1050 for 12" King dual rate coilovers
$2742.75 at marlin crawler - 3rd rebuilds & Tcase
$2238.96 at LowRangeOffroad - Longs/Rear axle shafts and birf seal kit, stabilizer/tie rod, spartan
$1186.43 - ARB 8" Locker for the front
$131.12 - Hitch receiver winch mount
$250 - 9500# Champion Winch(for the rear)
$1600(don't remember exact price, waiting for email) - Allpro APEX Front bumper & TJM 9000# Stealth winch
$850 - FJ80 wheel hubs, new rotors, new calipers & spindles
$146.95 - CKMA12 ARB Air Compressor (Early xmas present, family member paid $200 of it)

Chilling at $13,750 so far.

Needed:
Endless supply of $$$
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #86
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1500 for axles
$2238.96 at LowRangeOffroad - axle shafts and birf seal kit, stabilizer/tie rod, spartan
$1600(don't remember exact price, waiting for email) - Allpro APEX Front bumper & TJM 9000# Stealth winch
$146.95 - CKMA12 ARB Air Compressor (Early xmas present, family member paid $200 of it)

Needed:
Endless supply of $$$
Old 12-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #87
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1500 for axles
$2238.96 at LowRangeOffroad - axle shafts and birf seal kit, stabilizer/tie rod, spartan

Needed:
Endless supply of $$$
Holy tits, Pass the popcorn
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #88
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Lol well so much for the budget sas lmao as always never goes like we all wanted
Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
Lol well so much for the budget sas lmao as always never goes like we all wanted
As I've read on anyone else's SAS build page, always prepare to double the budget. I was prepared for it. Just tried to spend the money the best ways I could on this build
Old 12-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #90
Quote:
I am excite!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #91
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He said in the order that he bought the longs
Apparently reading comprehension escaped me that day.

Waiting on parts is the hardest part of building.

I'm waiting on my new welding machine now.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
Apparently reading comprehension escaped me that day.

Waiting on parts is the hardest part of building.

I'm waiting on my new welding machine now.
It definitely is. Got my air locker now, order from lowrange is here on Monday, cradle for rear winch is here tomorrow. Still waiting on marlin crawler and AllPro.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #93
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

too bad you went with the all poo though would have been cooler if you contacted brute or elite, they make nifty bumpers for first gens..
Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #94
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
too bad you went with the all poo though would have been cooler if you contacted brute or elite, they make nifty bumpers for first gens..
I think he wants them sometime this decade, seriously. Nice product, but way, way too long of a lead time for something as simple as a bumper.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #95

true, don't forget one man shows vs corp business...
Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #96
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
TPain's Tacoma Gallery
I know it is a lot of fun to build your own custom swap, but would it not have been cheaper to buy the full sas kit from all pro?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #97
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPain View Post
I know it is a lot of fun to build your own custom swap, but would it not have been cheaper to buy the full sas kit from all pro?

There kit isn't "cheap" and not exactly ideal either. Its basically the equivalent of a short arm kit for a jeep when you're done. Its the "old school" geometry basically.

Now-a-days when people swap, you run the longest links possibly (within reason) because the geometry works out much cleaner, with less pinion angle change as well.

the best option will always be a custom setup for the end user, however there are kits available for those who don't want to tackle the hurdles of a custom setup.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #98
Quote:
Some time in the unforseeable, distant future, i will be building my own custom plate bumper with the help of Chris, my fab guy. With him running, owning and servicing tow trucks as well as customer vehicles to repair, he is ridiculously busy this time of year. The only reason hes doing my truck during this season is because it is borderline unsafe to drive. Needs all 4 ball joints, 2 outer tie rods, rack and pinion is pretty well shot as well as the power steering pump. I've been adding fluid every other day for about a month now haha. Oh and to top it off the wheel bearings are shot and i shattered the drivers side front axle about 4 weeks ago. Lots of fun driving it seeing as its my only vehicle...-___-

TL;DR, Custom bumper in the future, and the AllPro will go on my dad's 03DC PreRunner.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #99
The pile so far

This is how I will be running power to the rear winch and have it still be removable. 1/O power cable running to the back, and ground to the frame with these welding cable connectors. battery ground to frame as well, and a splitter right off the battery so both winches can be used.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPain View Post
Cheaper? yes. But my setup is gaining me a much stronger axle/diff front AND rear