1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for info on sas

Discussion in 'Solid Axle Suspension' started by 604YOTA, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Jan 26, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    604YOTA

604YOTA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Disco Stu
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5
    Grey wire mod, eibach, 5100's & 5125's, ome Dakar leafs, 1.25 rear shackle, Gibson exhaust, ram air intake, throttle body spacer, boot slide mod, poly bushing kit, extended brake lines.
    So I've been reading allot

I have future plans for my truck that at some point will involve a diesel swap

And hope for sas. Right now this is all talk and gathering info

What i want is a solid expo rig. That being said I like the hight im at and like the deniability and tire size 285/75/16.. that being said the biggest I'd go to is a 35".

I would like to sas but don't want it to be huge I'm talking like 4" to 5" max
    Right now o have Dakars with a 1.25" shackle. I like it. Is it as simple as just sticking another set of dakars on the front and another shackle to get the hight right? Or am I thinking wrong? Is it even possible to do a lower suspension sas swap I don't want to be at the 7-9" of hight.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. Jan 26, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Your going to want to link it to keep it low but you can only go so low before you loose all your up travel. My truck is 23" at the frame and mine is low. SAS trucks tend to be a little high when you compare them to IFS. 4" over stock is going to be hard to pull off with a good amount of up travle. Add the diesel swap to it and your playing with a whole new monster. You would want a stout axle of your swapping in more power also you need to take into account the size of the motor itself if it's larger then the 3.4 you may have oil pan clearance issues.

Honestly if your only building a expo then I would just stay IFS putting a small tire on a big axle your going to loose ground clearance.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  3. Mar 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    yotanation29

yotanation29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ADRIEL
    CHULA VISTA
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD
    all pro upper a arms, icon extended travel 3", bumper cb, clarion nav, and much more to come!!

Exactly what he said, link kits are the best way to go for what it seems you need, when you buy coilovers you can control how high to actually get it and you will way better travel than with ifs. As far as going to diesel, depending what size engine you are putting in I highly recommend upgrading the axle to dana 44 or 60 in the front for all that extra weight

Products Discussed in

To Top