Old 01-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
604YOTA is on a distinguished road

Name: Disco Stu
604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
looking for info on sas

So I've been reading allot

I have future plans for my truck that at some point will involve a diesel swap

And hope for sas. Right now this is all talk and gathering info

What i want is a solid expo rig. That being said I like the hight im at and like the deniability and tire size 285/75/16.. that being said the biggest I'd go to is a 35".

I would like to sas but don't want it to be huge I'm talking like 4" to 5" max
Right now o have Dakars with a 1.25" shackle. I like it. Is it as simple as just sticking another set of dakars on the front and another shackle to get the hight right? Or am I thinking wrong? Is it even possible to do a lower suspension sas swap I don't want to be at the 7-9" of hight.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Your going to want to link it to keep it low but you can only go so low before you loose all your up travel. My truck is 23" at the frame and mine is low. SAS trucks tend to be a little high when you compare them to IFS. 4" over stock is going to be hard to pull off with a good amount of up travle. Add the diesel swap to it and your playing with a whole new monster. You would want a stout axle of your swapping in more power also you need to take into account the size of the motor itself if it's larger then the 3.4 you may have oil pan clearance issues.

Honestly if your only building a expo then I would just stay IFS putting a small tire on a big axle your going to loose ground clearance.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Your going to want to link it to keep it low but you can only go so low before you loose all your up travel. My truck is 23" at the frame and mine is low. SAS trucks tend to be a little high when you compare them to IFS. 4" over stock is going to be hard to pull off with a good amount of up travle. Add the diesel swap to it and your playing with a whole new monster. You would want a stout axle of your swapping in more power also you need to take into account the size of the motor itself if it's larger then the 3.4 you may have oil pan clearance issues.

Honestly if your only building a expo then I would just stay IFS putting a small tire on a big axle your going to loose ground clearance.

Exactly what he said, link kits are the best way to go for what it seems you need, when you buy coilovers you can control how high to actually get it and you will way better travel than with ifs. As far as going to diesel, depending what size engine you are putting in I highly recommend upgrading the axle to dana 44 or 60 in the front for all that extra weight